Dollar Tree Meets Wally World: Grow Meds On The Cheap

NateNobody

Auto Warrior
Apr 1, 2018
Currently Smoking
Critical+ 2.0, Bloody Skunk, 2Fast 2Vast
I didn't mention it, but I had recycled that same coco for a couple years. At the end of each harvest, I would just run 5gal of water through the 3.5gal buckets, let them dry for a couple days, recharge with amendments, and we would again be off to the races. Never had deficiency problems, or critter infestations since growing this way. This saved me tons of money on coco. Every blue moon, you will have to add 20% or so of new coco to tour bin. ( $11.95 per block)

BakEQ

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Gladiators
Jan 30, 2018
I, for one would love to see this stickied.

Although we don’t have no Wally World, Home Depot and all the other retailers I see on guides. One stop grow shops does not exist near my place. The nurseries mainly sells ready plants as their main business. Only sells basic growing stuff. How I envy you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateNobody

Auto Warrior
Apr 1, 2018
Currently Smoking
I, for one would love to see this stickied.

Although we don’t have no Wally World, Home Depot and all the other retailers I see on guides. One stop grow shops does not exist near my place. The nurseries mainly sells ready plants as their main business. Only sells basic growing stuff. How I envy you guys!

Welcome, @Equatorial. I am new to these sites. I know what " sticky" refers to, but who does that, the mod?

BakEQ

Gladiators
Jan 30, 2018
Welcome, @Equatorial. I am new to these sites. I know what " sticky" refers to, but who does that, the mod?
I’m very new too. First grow ongoing. Nuff said, right?

I was taught earlier on by @Maria Sanchez that you can report any post on your thread and submit a request to the Admin that way. But mine was to move the journal to new growers section. I don’t have the means to write anything that will warrant a sticky.

NateNobody

Auto Warrior
Apr 1, 2018
Currently Smoking
I’m very new too. First grow ongoing. Nuff said, right?

I was taught earlier on by @Maria Sanchez that you can report any post on your thread and submit a request to the Admin that way. But mine was to move the journal to new growers section. I don’t have the means to write anything that will warrant a sticky.

I got it, brother. I posted my tutorial in the indoor grow journal section, and @Dudeski helped me out by moving it to the right forum section just a few hours ago. I posted the request, and literally within 2 minutes of the request, he had it moved. If you are a new grower, this site is for you. I have 30+ years of growing, and this site always shows me something new and useful. The people here are great. I don't see a bunch of the troll-y, petty bs you see from most other sites. They jump right in to help. I am pretty knowledgeable as well, so I would be glad to help. Good luck, and good growing to you. :peace:

BakEQ

Gladiators
Jan 30, 2018
I got it, brother. I posted my tutorial in the indoor grow journal section, and @Dudeski helped me out by moving it to the right forum section just a few hours ago. I posted the request, and literally within 2 minutes of the request, he had it moved. If you are a new grower, this site is for you. I have 30+ years of growing, and this site always shows me something new and useful. The people here are great. I don't see a bunch of the troll-y, petty bs you see from most other sites. They jump right in to help. I am pretty knowledgeable as well, so I would be glad to help. Good luck, and good growing to you. :peace:
I get all u said and more. I’ve run out of words to describe this place. Awesome, awesome, awesome. See? Lol

I can tell that you are super knowledgeable for sure. Just look at your well written guide even while being tired! And thank you SO much ! This newbie appreciates it immensely! I only have one journal (if u can call it that) and it would be my absolute honour if you could drop by and make sure I get to harvest. I’ll drop a link later if u can’t find it. Thank you again bro!

STILLSMOKIN

Lets sshhmmookkee a bouwl
Feb 20, 2018
Currently Smoking
Anything i can get my green thumbs on!
Welcome brother. Yeah, I wrote that list late and tired. I realized I missed listing a ph meter, although I never used one in soil, due to using just dry organic ferts and rain water exclusively. I didn't use one in coco unless I was adding silica, or something extra that I knew would throw off the ph. If you stick to basics, meters aren't paramount to growing in soil. You don't have to pay out of the *** for a Blue Lab or whatever meter, either; $10 right now on ebay for the cheap yellow ones with black caps. Bought 2 because they aren't water proof, and eventually, you WILL drop it....trust me. They work great. Also, a timer at Walmart is $10. So that would make the total for setup $120 minus seeds.

What's happening SS? Thanks for the input, and I am glad you mentioned x-cords. Don't buy the bs ones; the flat, 2 wire light duty, flimsy Christmas lights extension cords. (fire hazard) I use medium duty, 14-16 gauge 3 wire cords. Walmart has 8' medium duty cords for $8.99 and 25' cords for $16.99. My cabinet had a 600w hps and 2 x 100w leds and a couple small fans. Never had a problem.

What's up Nastyn8t? (gotta love the name) I too am a descendant of Nate.:cheers: I usually go with the Jobes Organics line....great micros, cal/mag and all the other good stuff. I do think that Espoma has a higher concentration of the micro/macro nutrients, if I remember correctly. Jobes sells at Lowes right now at $17.98 for 16lbs. Like you, I bought mine late Sept. to early Oct. at $9.99 for 16lbs. x 2, so $20 for 32 pounds of ferts. (hard to pass up) I have switched to the Jobes Azalea food because after some reading up on plant science, and practical application of that reading, the 4-3-4 takes me from start to finish without the yellowing, nutrient deficient leaves that I was getting from just using the tomato food, due to the low N content. I get dense, beautiful fragrant flowers, not the stretchy, airy buds that all the nute companies tell you that you will have if you don't cut out you nitrogen almost completely, and go ape **** on your phosphorus levels. That is not the case. I still add 1/2 cup pelletizes lime to my medium, but I make my own mix of amended coco coir, so the extra calcium is needed with the Jobes. Thanks for the input, brother. Got some pics of some beautiful flowers grown using this recipe. I will throw up a couple later, just to show how complete this food really is. Here is the bag and specs for anyone interested.Thanks for stopping by.

View attachment 889292

View attachment 889293

View attachment 889294

@912GreenSkell, hadn't forgot about your tutorials, just been super busy this week. I will check them out later today. :peace: to all my brothers and sisters.

Agreed on the cheap cords but those places i mentioned carry the heavy duty timers and cords. Cords are 3.99 for a 25ft 3 outlet and my timers were 2.99.

NateNobody

Auto Warrior
Apr 1, 2018
Currently Smoking
I get all u said and more. I’ve run out of words to describe this place. Awesome, awesome, awesome. See? Lol

I can tell that you are super knowledgeable for sure. Just look at your well written guide even while being tired! And thank you SO much ! This newbie appreciates it immensely! I only have one journal (if u can call it that) and it would be my absolute honour if you could drop by and make sure I get to harvest. I’ll drop a link later if u can’t find it. Thank you again bro!

@Equatorial, thanks for the kind words, brother. I have 0 grow journals posted here or anywhere, so you have me beat. :d5: Seriously though, get a notebook and track all your feedings, your levels as far as ppm, the time that you feed and how the plants responded to what you did. Read, read and read some more....as much as you can stand. Be aware that everyone on the net is an "expert", so take everything with a grain of salt. Stick to basic plant science, keep it simple and you will be fine. Oh, almost forgot the most important advice I can give you.......HAVE FUN!!!!! It's weed, brother! :yay:

Agreed on the cheap cords but those places i mentioned carry the heavy duty timers and cords. Cords are 3.99 for a 25ft 3 outlet and my timers were 2.99.
@STILLSMOKIN , wow......those prices are great! And I thought that the prices I posted were good deals. Can you send me a care package? :peace: