1. OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code GRAND10 for 10% discount from your first order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

Dismiss Notice
  2. All the Old Badges have been deleted to make way for New badges. Sorry to everyone who Lost any...
    Dismiss Notice

Dollar Tree Meets Wally World: Grow Meds On The Cheap

Discussion in 'Operation Compassionate Care' started by NateNobody, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Equatorial

Equatorial Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Gladiator Level 2

Currently Smoking:
    Kush
  2. NateNobody

NateNobody Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    Critical+ 2.0, Bloody Skunk, 2Fast 2Vast
    In keeping with the "cheap-o grow" theme, thought I would post an air pot alternative. I am basing this on 3g pots.The real air pots range from $14.95 for one, to $16.99 for 5. (average $3 each) I have five of the 5g pots, and they do make quite the difference in the root production in veg, and they allow you to feed a lot more in flower, due to the enhanced transpiration caused by all the holes. I never use pots that big anymore, because I only veg for 21-35 days, depending on whether I am running sativa or indica.

Dollar Tree has 1g black buckets. I use a 1" hole saw, and drill holes all around the side of the bucket and in the bottom. I use the weed guard that I showed in the beginning of the thread to insert into the bucket. It is pretty rigid, so it stands up on it's own around the bucket. To measure the piece for the side, I take a piece of string, yarn etc, and wrap it around the circumference of the pot, plus about an extra 2" to overlap. Measure height of the pot, plus about an extra 1/2". That will make feeding/watering a breeze. For the bottom, sit the pot on the weed guard and just cut around the pot. Another little extra that makes a huge difference is to take a small drill bit and drill small holes around the top of the pot every couple inches. If you need to tie down branches to open the canopy, the anchor points are already there. One last cool mod. Transplanting can be tricky for new growers. To eliminate any "new grower" anxiety about that, here is an easy fix; stackable pots. Take a 2g pot, and modify it the same way you did the 1g. If you plan to stack, skip the bottom fabric insert in the 1g pot, so the roots can get through to the 2g pot. Once you put the medium in the pot and water it, the medium stays in place pretty well, just by sitting the pot in the saucer, so don't sweat it. Once the roots start to show through the bottom of the 1g, sit it on top of the 2g. DO NOT fill the 2g up completely. Fill 2g pot 3/4 full, and then put 1g in and then, fill 2g pot full and press medium pretty firm around 1g. The pics that I am posting is just for a visual. I will try to find a pic of one that is complete.

DSCN1191.JPG

DSCN1192.JPG

DSCN1195.JPG

DSCN1193.JPG

These have given me some monster plants, and they are super simple. :peace:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    DABaracuss, midIN, Sensi Jay and 6 others like this.
  3. G.Leave

G.Leave Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Staff Member Global Moderator

Cool!! These could be used in conjunction with the insta transplant pots to great effect for space savers!! https://www.autoflower.net/forums/t...ictorial-and-root-restriction-stunting.64509/

midIN, Need4Weed, Free Flow and 4 others like this.
  4. NateNobody

Currently Smoking:
  5. G.Leave

Yeah those autos can definitely spread their roots a good distance with 3 feet holes!!

6. NateNobody

Currently Smoking:
    Great skills, brother. I think I might have to stick a couple in the great outdoors this year. I miss growing on a 10'x10'xInfinity plot.

7. G.Leave

Perfect size for a plant!! ;) :growing:

8. islandgrower

islandgrower "Fumus enim viriditas" Gladiator level 1

Hey mate just stopping through will definitely come back and read up in this thread. Happy growing.

'Carpe diem et fumum veriditas'

9. GrowillaGorilla

GrowillaGorilla Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    Amnesia Haze
    NateNobody! Where were you three months ago? This is some next level, Super Hero stuffs. I'm so broke that I can barely afford to pay attention some days. I just saved what felt like my life's savings getting my grow together over the last three months and here you come hitting me with some "right up your alley knowledge" and your plants would make me proud as punch to call my own. @StickMan sent me here and now I'll never leave. Great stuff Nate, you're a somebody in my book.

But now for a little real talk... There is no way in hell I can let my wife see this thread or it'll be my ass. So, you're going to have to be my dirty little secret.

Need4Weed, Free Flow, Flash and 5 others like this.
  10. islandgrower

islandgrower "Fumus enim viriditas" Gladiator level 1

Hahaha that is a good one for real. Rotfl

'Carpe diem et fumum veriditas'