Drying in a brown bag

jamez

Auto Warrior
Apr 14, 2013
I use a small cardboard box to dry, its almost like the paper bag method. Only diff i've read from peeps experiences is that using a paper bag while drying then straight to jars will "speed up" the cure. So lets say after drying in the bags for 1 week, the buds will have a great smell and taste which makes it seem like they've been curing in the jars for a couple of weeks. With my upcoming harvest im switching to the paper bags just cuz i hate waiting for a cure. :peace:

MikeyB420

Naughty Step Holder
Jan 7, 2013
A Silicon Fen
Currently Smoking
Zen
Any difference in the time it takes to dry in a brown bag rather than hanging? Do you still use the 10% rh rule? Is any way better.. Never used the brown bag method before just curious :bong:
That's what I'm trying to dry my first indoor grow. I've used the hanging method (as do many here at AFN!) in the past but, it does take up a lot of room (more so, if you have a bumper harvest!) :check:

As to timing, I'm keeping with the day for each 10% plus a day. My tent where I am drying is between 18.5 and 22.0c/ rh 50%

Got mine from Lakeland (Kitchen Shop) here in the UK, 48 for £3.59

I think TaNg is the brown paper bag man to ask? :D:D:D

:peace:

Mike.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exotic Flower

The Dude

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
GoSlow
Ive always hung mine up to dry with nothing ever lower than 45% RH. works well for a nice 5-7 day slow dry if you control your airflow.But Ive heard that the brown bag method works alright but never used it.It dries it faster by a few days.They said it'll often have a bit more of a greener tatse since its not gassing off the chloryphill,and I'd think that a killer flush might help with that too.But just thinking out loud really.Lemme know how it goes.I'd like to try it this next harvest even with a little bit.cool stuff. :wiz: :thumbs:

Edit:WOW! 5 days in a bag?!that rocks!!See I didnt know you could dry it for that long in a brown bag.Awesome!Thanks!

The Dude

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
GoSlow
So you just stick say 1/2 ounce or 1/4 ounce in a small brown paper bag n fold it over a few times n stick in a dark cooler corner with some or little airflow?how do you do your RH? or do you?that rocks,Ive not heard this before.Im really super curious now. :booya:

robwars

FreedomFighter
Dec 28, 2011
Love St
I use the big grocery bags. I line the bottom of the bag with buds, 1 layer and not too crowded. I then fold the bag shut and put it in a cardboard box with my hygrometer. I then put it in a tent with my fan/filter on about half speed for odor control and fresh air circulation. The RO stays around 50-55% in the boxes, if it's over that then most likely you have to much in the bags/boxes.

Tang showed me this method last year and I have tweaked it to my setup and I love it. :smokebuds:

TaNg

TiNg
Dec 12, 2011
Just line the bottom of a bag with nugs no bigger than a golf ball, 40%RH and your dry in 5 days and they defo lock the favour and smell in, I was using the hanging method before and I was getting a hay smell before cure on a lot of my strains all good now with paper bags. I've hung the bags had them in a cardboard box and a cupboard and all gave the same great result.

The Dude

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
GoSlow
Dude!That rocks.a smaller more simple way thats easily more reasonable than taking up an entire bedroom.LOL!Im gonna use that method Rob.Thanks dude.And ofcourse Tang too!Ya'll rock :smokebuds: gonna brown bag it for my next chop day. :wiz: