Drying in a brown bag

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

mr plantas

Auto Warrior
Jul 19, 2017
Currently Smoking
cannabis
I've been drying mine in my basement [63F, 35% rH or so] in a giant paper bag [like the one's you get at grocery stores], all broken up into golfball sized chunks, lined over the bottom of the paperbag. Has taken about 6 days til it got crispy on the outside and the digital hygrometer measured 64% [in-bag, closed], so put into jars overnight. Next morning they climbed back up to 78% or so, so opened the jars back up, dried the buds outside the jars some more [2-4 hours, give or take], stuck back in the jars, and it looks like I'll have to continually do this dance til things in the jars settle around 60% or so. I checked this morning and it's settling around 71% overnight, so it'll probably take several more days before it'll be low enough of an rH [the rH from allowing to sit overnight].

**Also forgot to add - while they were in the paperbag every 8-10 hours I would open the bag to burp a bit then gently shuffle the buds around.

This is from everything I've gathered from reading. Cheers @Ryker604 :vibe::thumbsup::pass::d5:

Just some tidbits from my personal experience so far. :D

Mizzo81

Canna grower
Gladiator Level 2
Mar 31, 2017
Second time using the paper bag method. This time I used it cause I about ran out and this is the fastest way to some smoke with flavor and smell. Lol. Should be in a jar today. Been about 6 days in a room with RH of about 50-55%. Nice lemony Hazey smell. Hoping some time in the jars brings out the cheese.

doktoren86

Auto Warrior
Sep 1, 2017
Currently Smoking
What ever i can get my hands on - Currently working on White Widows
With a little luck I will be havesting next weekend.

I just picked up some paper bags from McDonald's the other day, I hope they will do the trick, since we don't use paper bags here.
We are still using plastic bags in the shops.

Reactions: Nabzter

Lizardking

Auto Warrior
Apr 25, 2017
Currently Smoking
its a
With a little luck I will be havesting next weekend.

I just picked up some paper bags from McDonald's the other day, I hope they will do the trick, since we don't use paper bags here.
We are still using plastic bags in the shops.
I was thinking McDonald’s bags...but not sure if they are waxed?
Anybody else used McDonald’s bags for drying? Or has anybody got a link to a site where I can buy some?

Reactions: Nabzter

Ivean

Auto Warrior
Feb 6, 2017
I was thinking McDonald’s bags...but not sure if they are waxed?
Anybody else used McDonald’s bags for drying? Or has anybody got a link to a site where I can buy some?
You in the UK ? If so the best place is Tesco delivery drivers. When you get the vegetables in a delivered shop they are sent in perfect bags :)

Lizardking

Auto Warrior
Apr 25, 2017
Currently Smoking
its a
You in the UK ? If so the best place is Tesco delivery drivers. When you get the vegetables in a delivered shop they are sent in perfect bags :)
Yeah man,I'm in the UK.i don't shop at tescos lol.im wondering if I could just go into tescos and ask if I could have 100 bags??

St. Tom

chillin like a villain
Staff member
Super Gladiator
Oct 6, 2016
Currently Smoking
mephisto samsquach dinafem critical short stuff amnesia cbd cross
Yeah man,I'm in the UK.i don't shop at tescos lol.im wondering if I could just go into tescos and ask if I could have 100 bags??
i buy them off ebay pal for 25 its around 3 quid i have used this method 4 times now i have some in bags and some hanging this way is great if your tent still has stuff growing as the only reason i hung some is its empty if you check my thread you will see the bags i would advise anyone i know to try them ....https://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/3x-fast-n-vast-1-gsc-remo-supercharged-kit-led-kimbo-900w-600w-first-time-led.61282/page-35

Attachments

Hypathetical Gardener

Auto Warrior
Gladiator level 1
May 16, 2018
First time paper bag curing. Is this too much in 1 bag or can i add more?

Think on it:
Does knowledge have intrinsic value or does it need to have a practical use to have value?

Reactions: Frankthetank