Drying in a brown bag

LoveDaAutos

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
So your entire dry is done inside a brown bag inside fridge? Do you out entire branches or do you wet trim and put individual buds on bottom? So you use one layer or more?

Thanks
I bud wash with the buds still on the branches in 5 gallon buckets. I then lay them out on a towel to dry. At that point I do a pretty thorough dry trim job nipping off the tips of sugar leaves that are heavily coated with trichromes. I then put 28 grams of wet buds into each bag to dry. Bags laid on their sides with the ends just rolled up a bit. As a rule each four bags will yield 28 grams dry buds.

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
You might want to try a clothes rack inside a cardboard box. You can clip the stems to the rack and place the rack inside the box. I'm currently drying whole a small girl. I'm on day 6 and still quite a bit more to go.
This small girl is on day 13 on the dry and the fan leaves stems are still flexible. Talk about a slow way to dry! I didn't think it would be this slow!
I think I could just rough trim her up and finish in paper bags

pg2052

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey all - so I decided to try the paper bag method. I used one of these big lawn and leaf paper bags (after shortening it up a bit) - got an entire plant's worth of buds lining the bottom (but not stacked) - about 1 lb of wet trimmed buds. Bagged them last night and tossed a hygrometer sensor in there. Went to check this morning and humidity is 85% inside bag. So I should be worried about mold? Should I burp the bags every once in a while? Note that the humidity outside the bag is about 58%

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey all - so I decided to try the paper bag method. I used one of these big lawn and leaf paper bags (after shortening it up a bit) - got an entire plant's worth of buds lining the bottom (but not stacked) - about 1 lb of wet trimmed buds. Bagged them last night and tossed a hygrometer sensor in there. Went to check this morning and humidity is 85% inside bag. So I should be worried about mold? Should I burp the bags every once in a while? Note that the humidity outside the bag is about 58%
No idea about that bag, but first few days I open and shake the bags just to help keep the buds from flat spotting and sticking together.

pg2052

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
No idea about that bag, but first few days I open and shake the bags just to help keep the buds from flat spotting and sticking together.
Do you just use regular grocery bags? Wondering if I should grab a couple of those. This lawn bag is super thick

NorseGrower

Getting the Hang of It
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Banana Durban
I use the lawn bags now too. They are great and two ply which is good. I did entire harvest of plants using these by taking some cardboard and reinforcing sides and front to maintain shape. Then I cut square out and mounted hygrometer right in bag and ran packing tape over it. I hung entire plants upside down in bags and stuck a pencil through lowest stem and staple bag to each side to suspend plant upside down (I didn't want flat buds like when I laid on bottom) and folded down rest of bag. Put in closet that was 65f 55-60rh for about 10 days. I didn't even look at the hygrometers first few days. It will be high but brown bag material will allow for humidity to escape I didn't seal the bags tight but i did bunch them up and I never burped or opened until around day 7-8 when i tried to snap some stems. By day 10 hygrometer read low 60s