• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Drying in a brown bag

DogterB

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I’ve never gotten my trimmed buds to go longer than 3-5 days in brown bags. Leaving them on the branches has helped extend that, but so has using a cardboard box. My rh is in the 50-60% range. I’ve even overdried a few buds this way. I still use it though, don’t have the desire to hang them because there’s too much dang pet hair to get stuck to them

pg2052

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I use the lawn bags now too. They are great and two ply which is good. I did entire harvest of plants using these by taking some cardboard and reinforcing sides and front to maintain shape. Then I cut square out and mounted hygrometer right in bag and ran packing tape over it. I hung entire plants upside down in bags and stuck a pencil through lowest stem and staple bag to each side to suspend plant upside down (I didn't want flat buds like when I laid on bottom) and folded down rest of bag. Put in closet that was 65f 55-60rh for about 10 days. I didn't even look at the hygrometers first few days. It will be high but brown bag material will allow for humidity to escape I didn't seal the bags tight but i did bunch them up and I never burped or opened until around day 7-8 when i tried to snap some stems. By day 10 hygrometer read low 60s
Awesome thanks. I had a little panic attack when I saw 85, but it's already down to 78