1. Kindness cost nothing but is valuable to all. Be kind today, don't let anyone steal your sunshine and if you meet someone missing theirs, shine on for them. Make it a great day!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chris and Peter with 'Pulse - Grow Monitoring' join us LIVE today at 2 pm MDT (Mountain Time) to talk about their environment sensor that measures and logs temperature, humidity, VPD and lights! Don't miss it!

Click here to join and listen!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. sniper is the first member of Staff being added to The Naughty Step 2018....Don't Ask......
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Grow First Grow - 4 Different Auto Strains in Coco

Discussion in 'New Growers Grow Journals' started by Exivious, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Damien50

Damien50 Qualified Live Stoner

Currently Smoking:
    Girl Scout Cookies
    When I mixed my 10 gallon reservoir I did 1/4 strength of everything until I cleaned it out. Coco typically needs CaliMagic because it's inert and if you aren't using tap water you're probably getting none but too much can cause a lockout. I would feed it at the same strength as the rest of the nutes every time.

Exivious likes this.
  2. Exivious

Exivious Welcome to the CannaZone

While going light on other nutes is prudent in the early stages, I'm thinking with the tendency of coco to lock in calcium a full dose (or nearly so) of CalMag is probably warranted even early in the cycle. Would be happy to hear some more opinions on this, though.

I'm using moderately filtered water (Culligan level 4), and while I'm not 100% sure if it removes much calcium, my tap water hardness is quite low at 18.9 mg/L, with calcium at 5.9 mg/L.

3. Exivious

Day 5: Fugue State still wasn't breaking the surface... I carefully checked it out and it hadn't developed a bit since I planted it--tap root broke off in my hand when I picked it up just now. I'm guessing I buried it too deep and it got compressed when I watered. The replacement SC is coming through, though the stem is flat with the surface as it hasn't stood up yet. The original SC definitely wasn't viable, so in a week or two, I'll move the replacement to the center of the pot it currently shares with the dead original. The new FuSt will be behind the other plants obviously, but if I have to, I can put the pot on top of something to elevate it to the level of the others at some point. Maybe I can just level them out with LST later--the age difference isn't going to be that big... Feeding again at .5/.3/.3/5 M/G/M/CalMag.

That's three plants visible now with one new FuSt in the incubator.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Pigskinfantasy likes this.
  4. Exivious

(Oh no, a triple post...)

Post-feeding pics from just now. I have to get a generic camera app that won't do automatic (failed) color 'correction':

wc.jpg
    WC

fost.jpg
    FoSt

sc.jpg
    SC (what's coming out of the seed is actually white here... it just broke the surface so I think it will be turning green soon?)

WC and FoSt look a little droopy, but is it too early to be concerned about that?

5. Mañ'O'Green

Mañ'O'Green Retired to watch the grass grow. CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Eating Blue Brilliant and Monster Profit Rosin Chocolate
    You are being too impatient. some seeds can take 21 days or more to germinate. Kilimanjaro can easily take that long. Never handle seeds just put them in the starter block/sponge 3/8" deep keep lightly moist and warm. Wait - mother nature handles the rest.

chefdave and Exivious like this.
  6. Mañ'O'Green

Currently Smoking:
    Get a 5000K CFL bulb on the end of an extension cord and hang it in your tent for taking pictures. Turn other lights off. We need to see the natural colors of the plants to be able to determine their health.

Exivious likes this.
  7. Exivious

Here's the re-shoot:

wc.jpg
    WC

fost.jpg
    FoSt

sc.jpg
    SC (this one is gaining color seemingly by the hour as the cotyledons open.)

8. Mañ'O'Green

Currently Smoking:
  9. Exivious

And thank you for the reassurance. :)

chefdave likes this.
  10. Pigskinfantasy

Pigskinfantasy Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    OG
    I would actually advise against moving the plant to the center. Not only will you disrupt the roots which is a big no-no, but you will actually have the plant in the perfect position to LST to the other side. I saw a grow where they intentially planted on one side of a fabric pot for this reason only.