Flushing the murh busting

iampepe

Auto Warrior
Staff member
Global Moderator
Apr 24, 2016
Currently Smoking
Double Grape
I don't starve my plants. My soil gets flushed as it sits in the compost pile waiting to get used again.

Simplicio

Auto Warrior
Aug 19, 2017
Here's an excerpt from that High Times article

"The results of a new research trial released this month show that flushing plants before harvest may not improve the quality of cannabis flower. The results seem to contradict the commonly held belief that flushing plants improves the taste and burnability of dried cannabis flower.

Under common, although not universal, cultivation practices, cannabis growers stop fertilizing their plants one to two weeks before harvest in an effort to improve the quality of their finished product.

“Flushing is important because it removes excess nutrients that are leftover within the plant,” explains High Times senior cultivation editor Danny Danko. “So it helps with the burnability of the flower by leeching out excess salts and nutrients.”

But in the trial conducted by RX Green Technologies, a manufacturer of cannabis nutrients and other cultivation products, researchers determined that those participating in a blind test tended to prefer cannabis flower that had not been flushed before harvest."

Bottom line: this study says un-flushed weed tastes at least as good as flushed weed.
I agree that a study by a nute pusher might be suspect, but double blind tests need a lot of cheating to be wrong.
This study agrees with others I've seen, and disagrees with the silly notion that roots given plain water can somehow suck unwanted elements out of the buds.

Reactions: Damien50

Oh Mr DC

Typical Masshole
Jul 21, 2019
Mass
Currently Smoking
Eating AK-47 chocolates
I'm no scientist hell I'm not even that good of a grower but I guarantee nobody that claims their flushed herb tastes better than unflushed hasnt done a double blind taste test!!!

Reactions: wwonka

wwonka

Auto Warrior
May 9, 2013
That is how I feel. I nute to harvest. I don't believe in dark before harvest either.
I am trying the Ice on the roots but I look at it as a slow watering also and I am cutting down in the next day or so. I have decent tricome production but curious to see if this helps.

AutoWonders

Growing With A Smile
Jul 14, 2014
Between Two Bodies of Water
I am trying the Ice on the roots but I look at it as a slow watering also and I am cutting down in the next day or so. I have decent tricome production but curious to see if this helps.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Reactions: wwonka

dankstyle J

Auto Warrior
Staff member
Global Moderator
Apr 25, 2015
Oregon always
I grow using a living soil methodology so this whole flushing thing is foreign to me .For me feeding the microbes an keeping a strong soul structure is important having worms an.other natural organisms as well an flushing would destroy that .I was told in college by my professor once a chemical enters a plant it never leaves .I'm all for organics but do limit my nitrogen towards the end of flowering an concentrate more on plant juices an sugars I have grown hundreds of plants an have noticed this to provide a richer terpene count after cure but this is just an assumption I do believe it provides a smoother smoke as well .

Reactions: Ganjaholickz