1. OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

*** NEW - Flat Rate Shipping of $12.50 for orders outside the USA (Free US Shipping!) ***

Use Discount Code GRAND10 for 10% discount from your first order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

Dismiss Notice

2. Zamnesia Battle second leg 2019

Winner of the Zamnesia second leg Battle 2019

View The Winners
    Gold Medal Logo

Congratulations To Only1Sky

GZ Logo GZ Logo GZ Logo

Dismiss Notice

3. Seed Stockers 2019 Second leg

Winner of the Seed Stockers second leg Battle

View The Winners
    Gold Medal Logo

Congratulations To Equatorial

GZ Logo GZ Logo GZ Logo

Dismiss Notice

4. Dinafem 2019 Second leg Battle

Winner of the Dinafem 2nd leg 2019

View The Winners
    Gold Medal Logo

Congratulations To Vlad the Inhaler

GZ Logo GZ Logo GZ Logo

Dismiss Notice

5. Bomb Seed second leg 2019 !

Winner of Bomb Seeds 2nd leg Battle

View The Winners
    Gold Medal Logo

Congratulations To hairyman

GZ Logo GZ Logo GZ Logo

Dismiss Notice

6. Lighting Battle 2nd leg 2019

Winner of the Lighting Battle 2nd leg 2019

View The Winners
    Gold Medal Logo

Congratulations To Equatorial

GZ Logo GZ Logo GZ Logo

Dismiss Notice

7. Short Stuff 2019 2nd leg

Winner of the Short Stuff 2nd leg

View The Winners
    Gold Medal Logo

Congratulations To Frogster

GZ Logo GZ Logo GZ Logo

Dismiss Notice
  8. All the Old Badges have been deleted to make way for New badges. Sorry to everyone who Lost any...
    Dismiss Notice

Flushing vs. Flushing

Discussion in 'New Growers Grow Journals' started by Muddy, Oct 6, 2012.

1. pop22

pop22 Frankensteins Lab Leader Gladiator Level 2

And the statement, my buddy says, is the cause of my laughter. Ask you buddy how he knows, where did he learn this? I bet you could trace this rumor back through 20 people that would all parrot the same answer without being to answer the why of it.
    People still believe you have to plant according to moon phases and astrological signs....... flushing rates right up these with that!

midIN likes this.
  2. pop22

Your basically on the right track. Sugars however, cannot be absorbed or transported through the roots, the molecules are too large and do not carry a charge. Only ionic forms of nutrients can be transported into the plants and the osmosis process can't transpoprt them through the membrane. Plants create their own sugars and store them on fan leaves. Tapering nutes to a lower level may be fine as your plant uses less as they near the end. I have considered doing so but have not yet as feeding at my set amount till chop works. However, I feed at a lower amount than many do.

Eyes on Fire likes this.
  3. Eyes on Fire

Eyes on Fire Guy Smiley

the roots exude their own sugars to feed to population and attract the life and paticular things they need. plants attract what theyu need. but a small sugar boost for the soil is surely not harmful..? the saying goes, cakes,cookies n stuff. LOL i forget the saying but it boils down to proteins,sugars,carbohydrates and a few other things in slight amounts. cakes n Pies and cakes n pies. they exude sugars predominantly. where to they get it from? they make it but a slight boost is always welcomed if done mellow enough...? once disolved into the soil the life is eating it up l;ike near the transition zone of the root zone. so it can be a nice comfy benefit at times but not all the time like somme like to feed sugars to their plants. LOL! just makes a sweet soil. literally with a tasty run off too I would imagine lmfao!!

http://www.agverra.com/files/The_Rhizosphere.pdf

Rev. Green Genes and Root like this.
  4. djibra420

djibra420 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Well mate we are on the same track on meaning of flushing..i get that,but didn't know I have to say it first :D

Secondly..my buddy didn't say anything neither did I said he did- look above...

Thirdly, AN flawless finish has magnesium 0.97% and sodium 1.3%. .
    So I was reading on my own what flawless finish is all about and why sodium and magnesium??and then I stumbled upon some article saying to use epsom salts...and since I was high as fuck and I can't find that article I wanted to ask here where I trust people :D

Peace again ;)

KsjAuto, Root and pop22 like this.
  5. pop22

Sugar for the soil is a great thing, I agree, as long as people don't over do it.

Root and Eyes on Fire like this.
  6. Eyes on Fire

Eyes on Fire Guy Smiley

ohhh your talking chems here.LOL my bad. lol yeah man I agree. nvm :)

Root and pop22 like this.
  7. Rev. Green Genes

Rev. Green Genes Time is an Illusion. Lunchtime doubly So. Staff Member Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    Alien V. Triangle, Double Grape
    Hear is the very basics of leaf senescence. ie. the fall colors, general leaf drop, and the primary functions behind why your leaf turns yellow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_senescence

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpls.2015.00317/pdf

"The fourth identified strategy has been less described and relies on the remobilization of shortormid-term storage of macro-and micronutrients within the plant, which may be used to buffer a transient lack of mineral uptake by roots. This strategy occurs during vegetative growth when the availability of nutrients in soil is insufficient, mature leaves become sources to support the growth of news organs for example for N (Malagoli et al., 2005) or S (Abdallah et al., 2010). "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4844269/

"This knowledge supports the observation that newer organs in the shoots have similar or higher Mg concentrations than older organs under Mg-limited conditions."

"This demonstrates that Mg retranslocation from old mature leaves is not as vigorous as that from young mature leaves. In contrast to Mg, translocation of K to the young sink organs from old mature leaves was reported to be comparable to that from young mature leaves under K-deficient conditions"

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Root and pop22 like this.
  8. pop22

If I come on a bit strong, I apologize! This subject just gets me going. This is probably one of the oldest, Cannabis garden myths there is and its like trying to get rid of fleas.........it just keeps coming back.......... And I believe that the so called canna nutrient companies are all liars and thieves. They will tell you the sun is green if they thought they'd make money doing it. They dodge lawsuits for products that make ridiculous claims by adding a little something thats an actual plant nutrient, just so they can say, its got stuff good for plants in it.

9. Rev. Green Genes

Rev. Green Genes Time is an Illusion. Lunchtime doubly So. Staff Member Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    Alien V. Triangle, Double Grape
  10. pop22