GreenJeans' DWC Method

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.

Anasazi

Urban Farmer
Jul 7, 2014
I had root problems in the beginning too. I did cure the root rot with physan 20 I believe it is called? I then discovered and used Zone for the rest of that grow. I ended up harvesting early, but I did save the plant. Since then, I have used The Gold Range Zone, and Even at the end of my grows, there is not a slick spot to be found in my res. It is as clean as the first day I filled it, with the exception of any gunk from the rocks.

Haha I actually used DM zone that whole grow and my problems still happened! I was pretty disappointed! I still have the bottle, haven't used it since as my first dwc grow was a year ago. I'm actually currently on my 2nd dwc grow and this time I'm trying bennies instead of sterile. It actually was something I had a hard time making a decision on lol. I figured if anything went wrong I could always use the zone to try and kill everything to fix it. ;D

Grim Reefer

DWC & LST
Global Moderator
Jan 28, 2013
No bother Green Jeans and thanks for doing the sticky Duggy.
I would have stickied it myself but didnt want to over step my moderating powers here on AFN.
@HotBunz you should post your information on a separate thread it might get more traffic that way.

Reactions: greenjeans

HotBunz

Just a dude who likes to grow
Mar 12, 2015
No bother Green Jeans and thanks for doing the sticky Duggy.
I would have stickied it myself but didnt want to over step my moderating powers here on AFN.
@HotBunz you should post your information on a separate thread it might get more traffic that way.

No worries....I was not trying to post a tutorial. I was just expressing the dramatic differences between greenjeans "must haves" and other methods.

Reactions: woody and Anasazi

[email protected]

Auto Warrior
Jun 19, 2016
Excellent and informative post greenjeans. I will be trying DWC with a waterfarm in a few weeks and this information is spot on with what nutes (DM zone and GH) I'm using and everything. Thanks man

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kkeniff

The Widow Maker
Jan 20, 2017
Nice read..i do it pretty close to this..n i agree once you understand chemicals a lil there isnt much need for tds meter.only thing i disagree a lil with is checking ph everyday or even every 2 days.these plants take up differnt nutes at differnt ph's..u want it to fluctuate threw the zone..i change my totes once a wk in i set it intially n leave it alone till i change again.but def def a great read

Muddy

Proud deplorable!
Jan 7, 2011
Currently Smoking
OG Kush, Deep Cheese, Key Lime
Great article, thanks for posting it. I can see how it would be an effective method. Have you monitored your pH/ppm to see how much it changes over the course of a week? I agree on running sterile. I switched after my first run and never looked back. I've run UC Roots as my agent but now use diluted Clorox. Same active ingredient as UC Roots, hypochlorous acid.

greenjeans

Hydroponic Heretic
Feb 16, 2015
I don't monitor PPM at all, but my PH is all over the place on my last couple of grows. I Hate it. That's why I just bought the PH Perfect line. If it works for me I will be updating this method. It would be great if I could get it dialed in to a point where I don't monitor PPMs or PH at all. Simple is the goal.

Muddy

Proud deplorable!
Jan 7, 2011
Currently Smoking
OG Kush, Deep Cheese, Key Lime
To me it sounds like you might have over nuted them. Whenever I run into pH issues that's usually the cause. It would be interesting to see what yours are running.

Do you prune your roots at all?