1. AFN IS BACK!!

Great News for Everyone is that WE'RE BACK! .... There's some minor issues still to fix, including picture upload size limits and some data over the last 10 days is currently missing and being searched for ... Bare with the Techies as this is worked out, as they've had a super rough ride for a week+

Three Cheers for the AFN ADMIN CREW

... Wwwillie ... Hobbes ... Mossy ... NG .... And all the others that made it work - Give them a high-five, rep-slap or kind word when you see them about

For more updates on the fixs or reporting any bugs, please see This Thread --> June 2019 Technical Issues

Dismiss Notice

Greenleaf + res = ph drift?

Discussion in 'Greenleaf Nutrients' started by ver151set, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Mañ'O'Green

Mañ'O'Green Retired to watch the grass grow. Staff Member Global Moderator

Currently Smoking:
    Eating Blueberry Rosin Chocolates and CBD chocolate.
    If you aerate your water for a day or two before you use it PH will be more stable in the reservoir to a point. It precipitates some of the calcium carbonate. When the plants transition from veg to flower the roots will exude substances that will drop the PH like a rock. In the soil this action feeds the micro organisms that provide potassium to the plant stimulating them to provide more - cool huh. Not good in our reservoirs though. This will happen for a couple of days and stop. This is your clue to shift to full on flower nutrients. In autopots if you have big swings you should try mixing your nutrients a few days ahead with aeration then a final PH before going into the res.

ver151set likes this.
  2. Greenleaf Nutrients

Greenleaf Nutrients Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN AFN Authorized Vendor

Currently Smoking:
    White Widow
    I think this is a fairly good answer. If you want to run organics/carbohydrates in this type of system like Autopots, eventually you will cause a lot of bacteria and microbe growth which can cause pH to fluctuate. So the answer is to either go sterile, (which you lose a lot of the benefits of microbes), or not use the Sweet Candy in the first place.

ver151set likes this.
  3. BII

BII Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

You cite the only options for using Sweet Candy with AutoPots as either going sterile or not using Sweet Candy. But how about manually adding Sweet Candy (and/or other 'organics') in each pot's rather than the main reservoir?

Mizzo81 likes this.
  4. ver151set

ver151set Auto Warrior

Currently Smoking:
    White Cookies
    Thats what i figured. In the future I may use Bill's idea, for now I am am setting ph to 5.9 every 2-3 days and letting it rise to 6.3 before adjusting.
    Also been cleaning lines and res once a week, no issues so far beside the ph moving and a odd smell if you stick your head in the res
    If I left them alone for more than 2 days Id probably skip the sweet candy on that fill

Mizzo81 likes this.