• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!

Grow your own in the outdoor heat,maybe Australia!!

smokeyfromau

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
@DV8 , That's interesting to read what you do with your Photos. I have never grown them, but have a nice spot, to try this spring in the hills near home, near a damp spring around 200 - 300 metres in elevation on a ridge. Filtered light. I would want it to flower after summer as its wet.

pickle_rick

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Great thread @the green bandit

I am starting my first ever grow outdoors and this has helped alot with info.

I have a auto NL which has just sprouted in my coco perlite medium. I haven't done anything else to it besides water my 8l bucket when i planted my seed. When should i start adding nutrients? What else should i look out for in growing in coco as i read its totally different then in soil.

I'm in NSW so the weather is perfect right now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You guys rock!

NVbiker

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am in a desert too so low humidity don't you want at least 30% perlite so the fabric pot evap cools the plant and keeps soil temps under 85F? I notice autos are very susceptible to hot soil compared to photos.

Pom

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
hi guys, first post here, is there an Australian thread apart from this one?
I'm down in Victoria and looking into doing my first grow, so bits of advice may be needed.
Cheers in advance.

Aber4187

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Great post. I think this is will help me a lot. I am in Phoenix, Arizona, USA and am on my second grow. The information on transitioning from inside to outside is extremely helpful.