1. The 2019 Biggest Grow Battle in the World is currently under way! Round one has started, don't miss the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Another round is coming. I am happy to announce I will be releasing more through OES! Stay tuned for availability.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Now! We are working on some server stuff. Should not be a problem but you might notice some slowness or other quirky behaviour. Thanks for your patience as we build!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey everyone, we'd like to welcome the UK-based vendor Invisible Sun LED to the Autoflower Network!

Invisible Sun offers efficient lighting solutions to growers and we'll be doing a fully documented grow-and-show with some of their kit with a grower from our test team! Let's give them a big AFN hello and check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey guys just wanted to let you know that we have another USA based seed bank listed in the commercial section. Stop in and say hello!!
    Dismiss Notice

Growing up in the White House

Discussion in 'Photosensitive Grow Journals' started by Alasgun, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Alasgun

Alasgun Welcome to the CannaZone

took a break for a bit, spent some time on a private site, wasn't for me. I did score some private strain beans and have a group going right now.

I'll get some pictures up in the morning and your welcome to follow along if you like. Im an organic dirt & led guy So theres nothing too revolutionary about my set up. I will be running the gas lantern routine during veg and a diminishing light schedule for flowering, which may interest some.

As for nutes, this is a second cycle soil mix im fond of and i'll be using Agricola soil minerals to help with any depletion from the first cycle.

Tags:
    Sleazyb, Jraven and BCBudlady like this.
  2. Alasgun

E1F1D1C8-5F9C-49D7-9EE4-92F4F2851E74.jpeg And i forgot to mention im using t-5's for early veg. Heres a picture of the group, Not too exciting just yet but a starting point for the grow!

Tomorrow is the end of week 2 and pictures will be posted on a two week schedule, which may even be too frequent.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM
  3. Alasgun

IMG_1533.jpg IMG_1534.jpg Things are coming along nicely. Another week and they'll get moved into the big pots. Notice the tight internodal spacing, which is accomplished by keeping the t-5 right down on them. 3 of them are showing good secondary branching and nothings been topped!

This is at a month.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Smieszek420 and Ghost like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Watcher Of The Trichomes

looking good keep us updated. :pass:

5. Alasgun

Some noteworthy rambling:
    The large pots, those that will recieve these starts had the soil minerals added back about the time i started the seeds. They've been in the grow room since then and are being watered with a lactobacilluse serum to speed up the mineral breakdown into a plant useable form. They are also recieving a live compost tea in an effort to give the microbes a little head start.
    Pre-watering makes transplanting easier as the pots have reached total saturation making the medium easier to work with. I acomplish this a little at a time when starting with dry medium, as the smart pots are prone to side leaks if they get too much water at once. My moisture meter helps me know a pots condition all the way to the bottom with little effort.

On moving day, i intend to up-can all 10 of the starts even though the goal is to only keep 6. In the past i have culled them based on what i see while in the nursury pots. By keeping them all in a similar environment for a longer period ill have a much better opinion about the keepers and the orphans will be in great shape when they go to their foster homes. Orphans are subject to stress anyway so im hoping to elimenate some of that.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Ghost and Sleazyb like this.
  6. Alasgun

IMG_1537.jpg CC0E23DB-4039-4B13-B9EE-287B3B8A210C.jpeg Moving into the final pots went well. Breaking them into the led’s right now. Kinda ho hum for a bit now.

I failed to mention earlier, this will be a seed run so hopefully i got some boys to pick thru.

The little one, is almost two weeks behind the rest. From the original group i had one that didnt pop so after couple weeks i set that pot down off the shelf and moved on. Even dug around in the soil looking for some idea about what happened to the seed. Then one day there was a shoot so we'll see how it shakes out.

In a high grade soil its water only except for tea days which are hand applied. That drip line sure makes regular water days nice.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    Ghost and STILLSMOKIN like this.
  7. Alasgun

IMG_1547.jpg IMG_1545.jpg IMG_1546.jpg It's been almost 2 weeks and i have some time so im doing an update a couple days early.
    Things are moving along nicely and the plants are getting to the size where their indivigual traits are becoming apparent.
    Remember, these are the progeny and a cross of two private strains from Colorado. 5 of them are very cookie cutterish and look identical, the other 4 cover a wide spectrum. These remaining 4 hold my interest as they will become mommies and or daddies themselves in a couple months.
    Then there's the lone "Vanilluna" who is two weeks behind but coming along nicely. I'm hopefull to bring this one into the seed making project as well!

This is my first cycle using the "Gas lantern routine" and im very impressed with the overall vigor in this group.
    Im also glad i held the orphans longer as one of them will now be included in the seed project.

1. Group shot of most of the garden.
    2. A real hulk, this plant is in a 15 gallon pot, notice the leaf size!
    3. A former orphan, now to be included in the breeding project.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 12:30 PM
    Sleazyb and Ghost like this.