GrowNorthern MS006 Review

• Good morning everyone! So I spent the day installing and upgrading a new add-on for AFN that effects our vendor and breeder forums. It's the same setup that we are using on High of the Tiger, but we didn't realize it would effect members a bit differently here on how it's been received.

The major benefit of the add-on is that it allows breeders/vendors a global calendar (that they add their own events to,) a group media gallery, group discussion area, an information/about tab, and a few other goodies that should make the experience overall a better one.

One major caveat to point out, the new groups (where you see the overlay) unfortuantely *REQUIRE* you to join them in order to post in them. This is done by design of the software (and I understand why,) however it's been requested to see if we can circumvent this somehow. I will inquire to the developer to see if it's an option available or one that can be added to future versions. So to be clear, you MUST JOIN the group to be able to post and reply, even if your existing threads were there before. We apologize for this minor inconvenience but it's a one-time deal and then it's back to business :-)
  • Hey we're testing out our new Raffle/Giveaway software and wanted to invite you all to try it out with us for a chance to win a Smokin' Screws pipe screen!

This will be for USA-based growers only (to start,) and the only requirements are 25 minimum post count to put in an entry (which you can do once per hour!)

Click Here to Enter!
Cannabis Seeds

N.W.

AFP Auto Breeder.
Oct 16, 2011
N.W. submitted a new Showcase Item:

GrowNorthern MS006 Review

GrowNorthern MS0006 review
Brand of LED: Grownorthern MS0006 (got second unit Jan/Feb 2013)

Price of the led: 250 GBP

Delivery cost: Free in the EU

What size was the grow space: 0.9m x 0.9m x 1.7m

Spectrum used: 720nm.660nm,630nm,460nm,2700k (red unit)
730nm.660nm,630nm,460nm,5700k (silver unit)

Customer service rating: 5/5 Always very helpful

Wattage of the LED ( actual power draw if poss): Can't tell but probably around 180-200w.

Optics used: 90 degree

Build quality: 5/5 Solid units! I had tyo change on of my drives... bit fiddly but not hard to do at all, also gave me chance to check inside...lol...

Warranty length: 3 years

Any noticeable plant deficiencies: Some strains show cal/mag/potassium def...But to say its was the light that caused it hard to say....Ive had same probs under HPS....

Addition info: I've been using GN lights since Nov 2012, I have completed a couple of grows with great yield.....
Recently 3x Dutch Passion BAM under 1 MS006 yielding 244grams of dry frosty bud.....

Value for Money Rating: 5/5.... I cant believe it took me Soooo long to switch to LED's and now that i have im NEVER going back to HPS......

Cant recommend GrowNorthern lights enough.... Great product and great customer service.... What more a you looking for.....:D:
Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:

TaNg

TiNg
Dec 12, 2011
Great review thanks bro and plus max rep. I have a theory the longer light cycles for autos cause the defects so I'm testing shorter days on my next run as I've only ever run 20/4 or more before.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

N.W.

AFP Auto Breeder.
Oct 16, 2011
Great review thanks bro and plus max rep. I have a theory the longer light cycles for autos cause the defects so I'm testing shorter days on my next run as I've only ever run 20/4 or more before.

Could well be something to do with the extra hours.... I always did them @ 18/6 when using HPS and given the intensity of LED's no wasted light... yeah i see where your coming from...
Ive only had 2 plants show it though in the 8-10 months ive been using them.....:D:

Reactions: pyrokev

randy

Auto Warrior
Aug 29, 2013
Thinking: if the thinking is extra hours is doing the damage, could keeping the light slighty further away not compensate? I also believe you maybe on the right track.