Dinafem Solo Cup Competition Hairyman presents Dinafem Auto Cookies

Discussion in 'Dinafem Solo Cup Competition' started by hairyman, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Waira

Waira Growing strange,... Staff Member Global Moderator (SA)

Currently Smoking:
    Citrus Noir, C99 auto, mixed dry ice hash...
    ... yup, the hydro nutters usually have the advantage here,...we shall see!
    Oh, no worries on the basics mate (and I agree on all accounts :biggrin:), plus I have her rigged proper for stability (trying to not be part of the "spills" in thrills chills and spills"...orchid growing has tuned that skill up a lot- :rofl: -- nothing like watching a high$$ rare species type take a swan dive to the floor and get damaged, especially an emerging flower spike!- :cuss:...... I was musing over if you or other small volume experienced folken use light reduction or lower T to keep her in low gear during growth... it's funny, here we are trying to hold them back, not spur them on- :biggrin: I had help in the 2L Comp', the damn soil was a shite batch, screwed that whole first round up in fact! Not his time though...:eyebrows: :cheers:

woody, MR magoo, blue and 3 others like this.
  2. hairyman

hairyman in the wonderland zoo Gladiator level 1

I wasn't trying to teach me granny to suck eggs :biggrin:

The SC 101 was for any passers by 2 :oops1: avoid early slip ups :biggrin:

Lighting cycles of intensity and temp really interest me, but I am stuck with what I have so no experiments my way.

That said, I do run my tent perpetual so my solo cups in veg are for a large portion of thier day sat in the shade of other plants IMG_20190809_130045.jpg

Are we trying to hold them back during growth ?,, :pop:

I keep passing this little patch of Scottish wild orchid and meaning to take a pic of one to show you, they only about 8 inches tall and have like bonzai flowers, they quite common, no one believes me when I tell the they are orchids :cheers:

woody, MR magoo, blue and 3 others like this.
  3. Waira

Currently Smoking:
    :greenthumb: ooooo, that's a nice chunky gal there Hairy'! I used to see a lot of tiering before, now not so much...:shrug: done right, it's a great method!
    Well, pulling off the "Bonsai effect" on a young growing plant is no simple task,.. many of the past tiny volume growers got off to a good start, but later crashed and burned when the plant basically chocked out, root-rotted, or some other nutritional issue... I guess I'll see when I try to keep this one in shorter light hours, and a bit cooler, much as I can!

You said the "O" word! :rofl: ... I'm a species hobbiest snob, and used to work at a species specialty place a while back... Man, what a 24/7 grow-boner that place was! I love the weird one most, and my avatar is of my favorite family, the Stanhopinae..... There were so many I wanted, some were OK at home, others, fuggeddaboutit- :doh:.... Mainly the real jungle types that needed such heat and RH%,... I dig the natives though! I see some local ones here now and again, terrestrial types, very herbal/annual like in their growth and cycling,... flowers look much like a mini-cymbidium- :thumbsup: they make bulb-like deals (forget the bloody botanical term for orchid "tubers/corms?).... Snap me a pic sometime mate, I'd enjoy seeing that! :thanks:

woody, MR magoo, hairyman and 2 others like this.
  4. Dinafem-Mark

Dinafem-Mark Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN AFN Authorized Vendor

That's the way to start this grow battle with 100% germination :pass:

By the look of things already this thread is going to be one to watch :thumbsup:

Good luck mate. I've got my seat front and central for the show :pass:

All the best :bong:

Mark.. #teamdinafem

woody, Waira, Bigg Al and 3 others like this.
  5. hairyman

Week 3

They chunky girls :thumbsup:

I taken first branch or two of them, I would have liked to have had more stretch but all said and done they healthy girls. IMG_20190815_160926.jpg IMG_20190815_160919_1.jpg

:toke:

The chunky girl is a humbolt Dr Greenthumb's Dedoverde Haze she has a heavy pine, citrusey diesel smell :thumbsup:

The tiering is more a result from when I get a pack seeds I set one off in a bigger pot and all the rest in solo cups, if I ain't happy with the one in bigger pot I can just swap with a solo cup:thumbsup:

This is a unusual tier,, :thumbsup:more a stacked corner grow IMG_20190527_025244.jpg
    Sorry no pic yet on the plant, the council strimners have been going crazy on the hedge rows :shrug:they chop anything the wild sweat pea, the thistle which can be some stunning plants even though regarded as a weed

Hi Mark :toke:,

Early days pal :thumbsup:, solo pot growing is a roller coaster and not all reach the end :woohoo1:

My money is on pop or MaƱ'O'Green :biggrin:

#teamdinafem for the Win :vibe:

woody, Dinafem-Mark, blue and 2 others like this.
  6. Waira

Currently Smoking:
    :smoking: you give up yet? :rofl: -- damn!

... Mate, that's a straight up Frankenpot rig you have there!:d5:

woody, Dinafem-Mark and hairyman like this.
  7. hairyman

I never did it again :smoking:

So the solo cups,,

They short and bushy, they been a struggle to leaf tuck and get some stretch, I knocked one over with damage so I might train that in some way visually pleasing :thumbsup:

IMG_20190823_175037.jpg IMG_20190823_175007.jpg IMG_20190823_174825.jpg

woody, Waira and Dinafem-Mark like this.
  8. Dinafem-Mark

Dinafem-Mark Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN AFN Authorized Vendor

They maybe short but they are also bushy and vigorous little ladies by the look of things :pass:

Don't count yourself out of the running mate :thumbsup:

As you said a Solo Cup Challenge is not always completed by all that start, it's not an easy challenge and so far your doing a fine job :pass:

Keep it up!

All the best :bong:

Mark.. #teamdinafem

woody, Waira and hairyman like this.
  9. hairyman

Hi Mark, thanks :d5:

Yea they are bushy:thumbsup:, wish I saved one for a big pot now, in general I try and lollypop solo cups but I don't think that's going to work with these

Looking around the other threads they all pretty much the sameness, slow starters but kick in :woohoo1:

I haven't pal :thumbsup: I on team #dinafem till the end and the win :coffee: its that waira wishing I was out the game :warrior:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Dinafem-Mark, woody and Waira like this.
  10. Waira

Currently Smoking:
    :muahaha: I taunt thee,....I,..I wave my genitals in your general di-rect-shaaan! :crying: - especially when your plants are doing this well,... gotta distract and annoy you off your game somehow! :rofl:

Dinafem-Mark, woody and hairyman like this.