Born slippy

SAWNEY_BEAN SEEDS MARSHYDRO TSW2000
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Weed
I was having this problem until I finally got it right
Chop weed wet,, & Debud the branches.
Put buds Into the drying rack for a day or 2 until stems on the medium size nugs make a snap noise.
Brown bag for a day and then into the Grove bag.
Make sure to leave 25% air in the bag.

Works now every time and my curing problem is now cured lol

As long as the weeds humidity ain't below 58% it works
If around 65ish % and it goes into the grove bag,
It brings it down to 61-62% in no time.
Hope this is right lol but it works a treat for me,
Maybe @Grove Bags
can explain the best way for the use of the grove bag incase I'm wrong

Last edited:

St. Tom

chillin like a villain
Staff member
Super Gladiator
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Whatever s in my jars
I just took a big whiff and it’s a little better but still has a distinct grass smell. If it doesn’t go away in a few more weeks I will probably make green dragon out of it. Whole plant only yielded 30 grams. I haven’t tried any of it out yet so not sure how it tastes.

My other 2 plants, I am drying in paper bag method and they do not have this smell. I will paper bag dry everything now.
I dry everything in paper bags and I never get the hay smell so its a good move in my eyes

strainguy

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I dried for 7 days. Put in jars and was getting a reading of 56%. I moved it to grove bags and added a boveda pack now sit at 62%.

Will the grass smell go away or should I make edibles or wax from it?

my dry temp/humidity was 75.6F and 45-51% humidity for 7 days and they were crispy to the touch.
i think 55-58% is idealy dry ones

Choctaw

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
My understanding of Grove Bags has been that no boveda is necessary in them and actually best to not use them in Grove bags. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I had bud from last year that retained a grassy alfalfa smell in the jar, but when you smoke it, it tastes as it should with no alfalfa. Just what's in the jar smells that way.
I think that would be the case if the humidity levels are within the grove bag range. If not I think the boveda pack would benefit getting you to the correct levels. I could be wrong though.

Dankerson

Autoflower Aficionado
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I think that would be the case if the humidity levels are within the grove bag range. If not I think the boveda pack would benefit getting you to the correct levels. I could be wrong though.
Yeah this will work, the buds will reabsorb some of the humidity. Although it burns though the pack faster than if it was in a jar and doesn't work as well either. I have done it successfully though.

So if you put 65% or 66% in the bag it will lower it to 61-62%? Without opening the back or anything?
Yes the bags are designed to shed off moisture above 62% to keep it at the correct rh and prevent mold. I usually check on my buds a day or two after and shake the bag up but I do the same without issues. Just wanna make sure moisture doesn't build up inside the bag. Letting them sweat in brown bags a day before putting them in them in the grove bags is what they recommend.

McDee

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I dried for 7 days. Put in jars and was getting a reading of 56%. I moved it to grove bags and added a boveda pack now sit at 62%.

Will the grass smell go away or should I make edibles or wax from it?

my dry temp/humidity was 75.6F and 45-51% humidity for 7 days and they were crispy to the touch.
It seems it has worked out for you, but I think your drying environment was a little off. I know sometimes there are variables we didn't, or can't account for. I think 75.6°f is way to warm to dry your bud. I would try for around 60°f if possible, hopefully you're drying inside where you have AC. As for your RH ideally you want to shoot for 50% - 60%. At those settings i would look to dry for 7-10 days, but i would check them 2x a day after day 4. Also a fan to move the air, but not directly on you bud. If you're able to have AC you should be in the correct RH zone. I have a small humidifier, and dehumidifier that allow me to adjust the RH by 5% - 10% either way. I hit these measurables normally, but end up waiting to long myself a lot of the time. You can't leave it, once it's ready you need to get it. That's my problem it will be ready, but I will have other shit that needs done or I'll fall asleep. MOG has a device that measures how dry the stem is. I can't remember what it's called, but I need to get 1 lol. I did notice an improvement when I put my old dry bud into Grove bags. Goodluck bud I too know the frustration of over drying.

Stay lifted