1. AFN IS BACK!!

Great News for Everyone is that WE'RE BACK! .... There's some minor issues still to fix, including picture upload size limits and some data over the last 10 days is currently missing and being searched for ... Bare with the Techies as this is worked out, as they've had a super rough ride for a week+

Three Cheers for the AFN ADMIN CREW

... Wwwillie ... Hobbes ... Mossy ... NG .... And all the others that made it work - Give them a high-five, rep-slap or kind word when you see them about

For more updates on the fixs or reporting any bugs, please see This Thread --> June 2019 Technical Issues

Dismiss Notice

Hecno's on going organics

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by hecno, Sep 29, 2016.

1. hecno

hecno Worm Hunter . Staff Member Global Moderator

Howdy all . Well I am going to start this as a home thread as I will be a bit time short in the up coming months and it will be easier from me . Now you remember the Curly Grubs , well I have been studying up on the fat little buggers to see if I can use them to my benefit .
    [​IMG]
    So what I have done is set a side one of my dirt boxes I have 3 around 200 ltr each . I recycle the soil with bits and pieces which I will get to another time . Here is a bit of a run down on what attracted me to the bug , remember when I found those pellets , also I have what I call robber roots
    [​IMG]
    What are robber roots , Well there is no getting a way from them .They are the native trees that are all around me , I have moved my dirt boxes to the least likely spot but they will still be there . This is where the Curly Grub comes into the party . They will eat all the lovely roots and leave me some real nice castings , so every time I find one now , into the box it goes , with the volume of soil I have they will have a home for at least 9 months . As you have seen by the size of them I should get a nice amount of castings in the soil . Which should give me some real good organic life happening in the soil . :thumbsup:

Tags:
  2. BlackCanna420

BlackCanna420 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

so how do these bugs benefit u? :D

hairyman, GodAmJT, woody and 4 others like this.
  3. hecno

4. MediScrogs

MediScrogs Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Yeah, some nice big logs there for the fire. :haha:

I like your life of the grub graphic there. I guess any hibernating grubs in your soil is okay, so long as the beetles don't emerge and lay eggs in your pots ... ?

Did you get any damage this way last run ? I might have missed that post

Peace bro, looking forward to some more hecno adventures Down Under

dankstyle J, hairyman, woody and 4 others like this.
  5. hecno

@MediScrogs no grubs in pots so far and no damage last run . Time will tell . Now here are some photos of a play around grow I have just done . I had a bunch of free seeds [ Auto ] and wanted to see how they went at this time of year outside with very little care . [ and I mean very little ] I was more interested in the amount of sun light this spot gets , which I am happy with . Temps up to 35 c mid day , soil -- spent soil from previous grows with nothing added . Feeds -- N.P.K. 5.5.5 about 5 times all up , and water that's it . As I have 3 adult kids at home we get a fair number of kids coming and going so it is a little tucked away corner that can't be seen . So it will become a future grow space . I have a indoor grow started at day 7 [ boring stage ] , but I'll start posting them a bit later on , 1 - GSC - 1 LSD - went with 2 plants as I want to train them and have the room . Oh I forgot , I have 2 more on the go in the same spot . Don't know it they will make it as the wet season is around the corner . Yield on the 2 out door plants .
    [​IMG]---- 13.5 grams Dry .:thumbsup::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:

Attached Files:

6. MediScrogs

MediScrogs Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Nice, man. Love that last pic of your slice of jungle paradise, I'd just want to sit there for days at a time...throw the TV and phones in the trash and just disappear.
    :hula:

7. BlackCanna420

dont get me wrong but this shit looks awesome :D

8. hecno

How many Chillies on this bush [ Habanero ] . Who every wins can come around home for beer and joints , but ya will have to cook the wombat steaks and Kola ribs . And
    @BlackCanna40 if you come 2nd I'll send ya a pack of Black nuggets . :cheers::smoking::thumbsup::vibe:
    DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG

9. BlackCanna420

my eyes spies about 420 habaneros :D daaaaaayum thats one hell of a chilly plant u got mate :D yum yum lets cook some chilly con carne :D

10. hecno

@BlackCanna420 Mate seems as all the other slack buggers have know idea , you get the Black beans and a BBQ this Sunday , can ya bring a nice Bourbon to .:thumbsup: :vibe::vibe::vibe:
    Bugger stoned - --- 112 pods --- not counting the baby ones .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016