• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Hempy Write UP

oldcoot

old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Tangie,sweet tooth,blueberry,green crack, mexican air
stupid question,is a tall bucket better than a short fat one ?
say a standard 5 gallon bucket and the other half as tall but wider,both 5 gallon size.
does it matter growing hempy style ?

Simplicio

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
stupid question,is a tall bucket better than a short fat one ?
say a standard 5 gallon bucket and the other half as tall but wider,both 5 gallon size.
does it matter growing hempy style ?
Can't answer your question directly, but vertical grow space might influence your decision.

oldcoot

old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Yeah i know about grow space.
Just trying to fiqure out if it matters as far as root growth and if it would effect overall growth.
I doubt it matters but a lower bucket will get the roots down quicker then spread but in a hempy, not sure if thatsa good thing

oldcoot

old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking

riffking

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
blue auto
Absolutely brilliant mate,you really taught me something there,just simplifying it is so much better innit,I'm defo going down hempy root,lol,also I'm putting an air stone in bottom,!!!!great tip if ever ya needed one,lol.works unbelievably apparently,that's from a v clever lad

elcoloan

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, Auto WhiteWidowxBigBud, Black D.O.G., amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
anyone still doing hempy? any on autos? would love to chat!

here are some pics of recent photoperiod plants (3 in 700 ml and 1 in 1000ml containers), one auto in a 7Lt container, and a basil and a chamomile in 1Lt containers... all these coco Hempy buckets. Had weak nutes at the beginning but now will be giving Mega Crop. All under a single 65 watt 3500k autocob.

20190109_093819.jpg
20190113_075409.jpg

L

Little Brother

anyone still doing hempy? any on autos? would love to chat!

here are some pics of recent photoperiod plants (3 in 700 ml and 1 in 1000ml containers), one auto in a 7Lt container, and a basil and a chamomile in 1Lt containers... all these coco Hempy buckets. Had weak nutes at the beginning but now will be giving Mega Crop. All under a single 65 watt 3500k autocob.

View attachment 1000543 View attachment 1000548
you still around?

oldcoot

old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
L

Little Brother

sweet. is it really that easy? i wanted hydro results but too many moving parts.
this seems like it is for me.
i was thinking 10ltrs bucket and straight perlite.
let me know if you have any advice for beginner:smoking: