• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Hempy Write UP

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
hey I actually have my bucket with 2 holes in it.
I just took a bolt with an o-ring and screwed it in the lower hole, also I take it out when I do a flush,then back in.
Makes it eaiser to tilt the bucket when I flush.
@Mañ'O'Green ,good point about bubbling the water before hand.
forgot about that from my dwc days.
scince my plants drink most daily, i just check before i feed.
Make sure you are using only stainless steel or plastic bolt. You do not want copper, brass, aluminum or zinc in contact with your nutrients. Even iron could become toxic over a longer time.

PotDaddy

https://www.twitch.tv/potdaddy
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Currently Smoking
Rocbud Diesel Cookies, Mac, Strawberries N Cream and some GG4
I have been running 5 gal hempy buckets with Hydron stones in the bottom and cocoloco on top.

Early on I feed every few days but I have let them sit for a few days wanting the roots to seek the res at the bottom. The Growth really takes off once they hit the res.

I try to flush atleast half the res if not the whole thin every week. I stopped flushing it every time.

oldcoot

old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Tangie,sweet tooth,blueberry,green crack, mexican air
Make sure you are using only stainless steel or plastic bolt. You do not want copper, brass, aluminum or zinc in contact with your nutrients. Even iron could become toxic over a longer time.
been using it for years now, ha, just grabbed one out of my auto parts.
but yeah good to know,thankyou

oldcoot

old fart
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Tangie,sweet tooth,blueberry,green crack, mexican air
I have been running 5 gal hempy buckets with Hydron stones in the bottom and cocoloco on top.

Early on I feed every few days but I have let them sit for a few days wanting the roots to seek the res at the bottom. The Growth really takes off once they hit the res.

I try to flush atleast half the res if not the whole thin every week. I stopped flushing it every time.
yep,when starting as a sprout I just water in a ring around the plug till she hits the bottom.then she takes off like u said.

Morbid

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I'm running my first Hempy now. I love not checking runoff. I know my nutrients and water so I don't have to test anything. Very simple all the way around!

Booda3000

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
100% perlite, outside grow, about 2.5 gallon bucket, photoperiod bag seed, Cyco Grow a&b full strength, now switched to GH Flora series 1/2 strength, about 2 months old.
Started in perlite hempy cup, transplanted at about 1 month old.
Started in rain non-ph'd rain water, been using ph'd tap water that's been sitting overnight. No cal-mag.
She drinks 1/2 gallon a day. Occasionally needs more water late afternoon.

Correction: 2 months old
Topped and pulled down.
PXL_20210704_181147130.jpg

Last edited:

Booda3000

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Perlite hempy solo cups. Moved around to different lights and outside, at some point. Been using full strength Cyco grow a&b, just switched to GH Flora series.
Plants are about 2 months old.
PXL_20210704_181503164.jpg