How long (Average time) to tie down for LST?

Discussion in 'New Growers Forum: Question & Answer' started by Stone420, May 6, 2019.

1. John d 123456789

John d 123456789 Welcome to the CannaZone

Here’s my second run who’s are glue getatlo , zkittles og ,sour orange them 3 are autos , fruit tree and blue dream are photoperiods which have all been LST from 2 weeks in any questions be glad to help you

Attached Files:

Newbee14 likes this.
  2. Lester Fuzell Sr

Lester Fuzell Sr Incident Grow Boss

Currently Smoking:
    Bubblegum Auto, Hashshish Auto, White Widow Auto
    Great looking LST!

Stone420 and John d 123456789 like this.
  3. Lester Fuzell Sr

Lester Fuzell Sr Incident Grow Boss

Currently Smoking:
    Bubblegum Auto, Hashshish Auto, White Widow Auto
    Lovely!!

Stone420 and John d 123456789 like this.
  4. John d 123456789

John d 123456789 Welcome to the CannaZone

Cheers man as mentioned it just keeping up with it but I enjoy making the canopy how I want it and it rewarding come harvest time

Stone420 likes this.
  5. Briteleaf

Briteleaf Auto Warrior

Great response John d! I use that same green plant training wire. When the plant is young, instead of hooking from the plant to the edge of the pot, I make little hoops that look like croquet hoops. I make them just long enough to stake the stem and branches close to the ground. I use the little hoops until the plant stem and branches are coming close to the edge of the large pot and then switch to pulling them down to the edges of the pot. With autos, I have no mercy in strapping them down almost on the ground. Later, the branches will pull up the stakes as it moves up and out. I try to get at least a dozen cola tips all growing up at the same height. I lollipop the stems when they begin forming colas and remove all lower bud sites.

Stone420 likes this.
  6. Stone420

Stone420 Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    White Widow, Mazar, Northern Lights
    Man.....that's a super cool technique for sure! I like that the plant can actually "pull up" the U shaped hoop, then you can do other techniques as they grow.

I have tried a couple of techniques since this post - one of them being my version of a "manifold" technique. Probably not textbook by definition, but the results are notable.

This is a Blue Dream photo, and since I vegged 8 weeks, I had ample time to work with her shape.

bd 7 5.jpg

This pic was taken 7-5 during her formation.

bd 8 12.jpg

This pic shows her shape as she moves into week 4 of flower on 8-12.

7. Archaic

Archaic Flushing is a myth!

Currently Smoking:
    a corncob pipe
    Dude you should be teaching the LST class instead of asking us questions about it. Looking great

Stone420 likes this.
  8. Stone420

Stone420 Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    White Widow, Mazar, Northern Lights
    You are most kind to say this! I think my initial reaction to LST and other training methods was that I was going to hurt the plant. But in an outdoor grow this spring I had mis-labeled a plant that ended up being a White Widow photo. I was kinda miffed at the plant altho it was me who I should be miffed at - not the plant. Nonetheless, I used this plant as a training aide and did all kinds of "training torture" to her. I super cropped her and accidentally busted her main stem with a huge split. But I taped that split up with duct tape and she flourished. I topped and fimmed and tied her down....she loved being trained - and I learned tons from her resilience. She is huge now and this pic was taken 7-11 ww 7 11.JPG . I think she is 7' tall easily and in a 5G pot. Whoa baby, but my fear of hurting a plant has been replaced with respect for their ability to flourish in extreme situation.