1. No Site Badges will be issued until after our server update. Sorry..the Update does not support the current format. All current site badges will be lost. As soon as possible after the update.. we will have a New updated set for 2019
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey everyone, we're officially live on the new server but we're finding some errors being thrown out when it comes to image uploads; we're working hard on getting things fixed up so it's a smooth process again so please bear with us!

Please report any bugs in the Announcements forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. General Battle 2019. First Leg Winner was The Mugwamp with his Dutch Passion Auto Critical Orange Punch. Grown under 250w hps dual spectrum lights. CONGRATULATIONS
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Winner of the Mephisto First Leg Battle was MrOldBoy with Mephisto Sam's Crack..in Living Organic oils under Optic4 lights. CONGRATULATIONS MrOldBoy
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Winner of the Lighting Battle. First Leg 2019 is Iriee Vibez with a Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG under a mix of Kind Led ..RapidLED COBs and Chilled Logic Puck. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Congratulations to Mesaboogie who Won the Dinafem 1st Leg Battle 2019 Well Grown....
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Seed Stockers First Leg Battle 2019 was Won by our own woody... CONGRATULATIONS woody...Taking one for the Staff Team...
    Dismiss Notice

How long will my extracts keep?

Discussion in 'Extraction and Processing' started by niceneasy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own great hash.
    I rarely smoke buds at all now, and choose to use my entire crop for hash & bho, or similar. Due to this I'm getting quite a bit of a stash going, and wouldn't mind putting some of it back for a rainy day stash. This stash might be for a year, or ten or longer years.

Looking on the internet I find a lot of conflicting answers on long term storage, most of them which state that hash and extracts degrade quite a lot, quite quickly. I always thought if I had it in a block of has, then I was set for years, but seemingly not.

I've also heard both sides of the coin about the freezer. Some people swear by it, others swear at it, especially if you make bubble and all the water is not extracted.

So I'm turning to my AFN friends to steer me right, with some definite answers rather than guess work.

How long can you keep an extract for before it begins to degrade?

What is the best method for storing you extracts?

Tags:
    Mcdee, Mizzo81 and Free Flow like this.
  2. Free Flow

Free Flow Hydro Junkie Global Moderator

Interested in this thread. I tend to smoke my bho faster than I can produce it so storage isn't an option for me as of now but one day I hope to be back to having plenty on hand!

Mcdee, niceneasy and Mizzo81 like this.
  3. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own great hash.
    Lol, I can relate to that. I love BHO myself, but too expensive to make for me now. Decent gas is quite a premium.

I have a little bit of BHO in a small glass jam jar, over a year old now (1g or so). I thought by keeping it in this I was maturing it, sort of as you do with your buds, but a lot of the talk says that you can lose up to 50% of the strength in only 6 months. The figure was probably just pulled out of someones ass, but long term seems to be an issue.

Mcdee and Free Flow like this.
  4. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own great hash.
    General consensus says to keep your extracts in the freezer, only cutting off what you need at the time. This will keep them as fresh as possible. Frost free freezer, if at all possible. That's basically what I'm doing now.

[​IMG]

Mcdee likes this.
  5. bushmasterar15

bushmasterar15 Have you seen my weed? Staff Member Global Moderator

There is a product that is coming out called the Terpkooler monitors temp and humidity by the settings that you set.
    [​IMG]

Mcdee, STILLSMOKIN and niceneasy like this.
  6. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own great hash.
    Ooh, nice gadget. Looks expensive, and no price on the site.

bushmasterar15 and Mcdee like this.
  7. Mcdee

Mcdee Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

I couldnt agree with you more bud, tane is expensive so I'm trying another route. I just got a alcohol distiller and am going to try and make shatter with everclear. Then reclaim most of the the alcohol for reuse. I dont smoke flower anymore just concentrates so figured worth a shot. May be close to bho but cheaper, dont have a closed loop so no reclaiming butane. I put rosin in glass jars then in refrigerator. Dont have a time frame but can say glass work better than silicone for rosin. Only did hash once and small run so dont know. What your doing sounds good. Maybe get so oxygen absorbing paks and silica for hash would help too if not using. Great question I have pondered this over and over but then I start dabbing and I forget about it lol.

bushmasterar15 and niceneasy like this.
  8. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own great hash.
    Sounds like a good plan with the reclaim, let me know if you get it up and running. Those dabs do make you forget quite a bit, long may they last :)

Mcdee and bushmasterar15 like this.
  9. bushmasterar15

bushmasterar15 Have you seen my weed? Staff Member Global Moderator

Think the price was $249

niceneasy and Mcdee like this.
  10. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own great hash.
    Cheers. After seeing that one, I've accidentally found a few different models. A fancy humidor really, more hi-tech.

bushmasterar15 likes this.