• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

How much water do I use for flushing?

Foreverhigh

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am about to start flushing my plants and I was wondering how much water do I have to use for my 10lt and 6lt airpots? I ve been watering every other day with 3.5 lts and 2.5 lts when feeding with nutes..

North Forge

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Are you flushing to remedy a problem in your growing medium?
Or are you talking about a pre harvest flush?

Before harvest usually you don't actually flood the medium to rinse it out. You simply water with only plain water for the last week or two. Unless you have a massive build up of nutrient salts that should be adequate

MrAutoGrower

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
If you are talking about preharvest flush, just feed it phd water and let it finish itself off by using the rest of the nutrients in your medium. It will fade out nicely, and die off. The key is flushing at the right time tho.