How often are there early finishers?

Imagine

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all, just a general question. I read all the time that breeders finishing times are usually pretty optimistic but how often do they get ready early?

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Hi all, just a general question. I read all the time that breeders finishing times are usually pretty optimistic but how often do they get ready early?
Not as often as they go over:tang: I can only recall maybe one or two plants out of a couple hundred. I generally harvest around 20% amber so someone that harvests with all clear trichomes would have more than me.

automan2

There comes a time in the lives of men....
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Purple Lemonade, Scoops, Cookies
While breeders advertised times have to be taken with a grain of salt, it does give an bench mark guide...you'd think a breeder probably has an optimum grow area for the best seed producers and we all know environment control changes things.
As MOG says, it's rare but I've seen a below 60 days finish perhaps twice in 15 yrs.
When my wake up jar gets low, I'll take a nug or two early anyway.

Imagine

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am currently running 3 DP night queens and I'm about 60 days in and one looks like it probably has at least a couple weeks left but the other two look done to me. 95% of the pistles are brown with some amber trycombs. Probably chop this weekend and let the other go for a while longer.

Arthur

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pressed white crack on quarts
Never had one even hit breeder times. Consistent 10 to 14 days longer than listed. Came close once, on a sour crack, about 5 days over. Couple hundred autos down now.

JSH1973

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
My first grow I had one finish in 10 weeks, the other 6 took 13-15 weeks and still not really as Amber as I would have ideally liked them.

JSH1973

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
And they were supposed to be 11-13 weeks