1. It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....
    Dismiss Notice
  2. New visual style in progress for the forum!

Revision 2 (based on your comments) is now up! All old styles still selectable as well while we tinker (directions in the link below on how to do it, super easy/simple!) CLICK HERE NOW!
    Dismiss Notice

How to add mushroom compost to the medium?

Discussion in 'Organic Growing Discussion' started by Andi, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Andi

Andi Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

I am also a very small mushroom grower but not Psyolo Shrooms lol :D I love Oyster Mushrooms and the Mycelium grow in a from me homemade Substrat of 50% Coco and 50% of Coffee grounds. When the Mushrooms are harvested the Mushroom compost is I believe a awesome way to grow a good healthy Marijuana plant full organic! But i don't know how much compost I can add to the Medium?

Here you can see how the compost looks like.

IMG_20180213_112928488.jpg IMG_20180213_114526733.jpg IMG_20180213_114521537.jpg IMG_20180213_112921568.jpg IMG_20180213_112924480.jpg

Tags:
  2. Andi

Hmm no Infos... OK then i don't add it... Maybe to risky

3. hecno

hecno Worm Hunter . General Staff

I would go a head and use it , but start off with about 10 % to your base mix . See how that goes . You want have any problems with 10 % I have used it and never had a problem , I just can't get it in the small town I live in . :thumbsup:

Jraven, Rev. Green Genes and Andi like this.
  4. Andi

Make your own like i did it.... Google mushroom spawn how to make. Than you need a substrate like coffee grounds and Coco and you put the spawn in it after 1-2 month your Mycelium is ready.. Litter research and try it. Thanks 10% sounds great. Is sterelised the Mushroom compost better with heat bevor use it?

Jraven likes this.
  5. orrganic

orrganic Budgeteer General Staff

Hey mate good question and cool pics, first mushroom farmer I've seen getting about.

I agree with hecno at about %10 mixed into your potting mix before sprouting seed.
    If your using a high quality mix from the bag it will likely have enough nutrient in it for the larger portion of a grow so be sure not to over do it.

If you're worried about that happening just get growing and dig portions of compost into the pots once they need it, water and let nature do the rest.

hecno, Jraven and Rev. Green Genes like this.
  6. NastyN8t

NastyN8t Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    Swiss cheese auto, gorilla glue auto
    Ive got oysters growing in my yard and all over in the woods!! I hunt morels tho they're my favorite......

Ive heard good things bout mushroom Compost . i take it that its ph nuetral?

Jraven and Andi like this.
  7. orrganic

orrganic Budgeteer General Staff

Something that's always stuck with me about shroom compost is a statement from Jorge Cervantes grow book , 'Mushroom compost has produced some of the finest bud I have ever seen'. Coming from a bloke like him its saying something, not mention mycelium makes the world go round from what we know now.

Jraven and Andi like this.
  8. Andi

I put mushroom compost in my party cup with water after 2 days the pH drops from 7.0 to 5.5

9. Eyes on Fire

Eyes on Fire Guy Smiley

Mushroom compost offers a special type(s) of life and enzymes that no other compost offers to my knowledge as of yet... has salt but thats not a huge deal really if it a solid mix. Love mushroom compost in my Teas AND soil mixes. if it wasnt winter I would have some right meow in my grows and teas. Love it!! people bitch about salts.well read some and learn its not a big deal with proper compost and soil mixes. it adds benefits with proper drainage.

https://www.mushroomcompost.com/faq.htm

http://www.mushroomcompost.org/faq.html

http://plantscience.psu.edu/research/centers/turf/extension/factsheets/mushroom-soil

10. Andi

Are my Mycelium know compost after mushroom harvest?

Jraven likes this.