1. 24 hour Live Party in the Big Battle thread 20th -21st March. CannaPride March..bring your Best/current girls to the Party.. #showusyourbush Full Bragging Rights. Be there if you Dare. Let Celebrate Spring
    Dismiss Notice

Instatransplant Cups & Pots pictorial and Root Restriction Stunting

Discussion in 'Autoflower Guides & Tutorials: How to Grow' started by G.Leave, Mar 5, 2018.

1. lunarman

lunarman Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

I find some strains are pretty consistent and stable. Some not so much. If I picked a stable strain I'd think that the test would be fairly legit. Clone cuttings for the win for sure. But still I think there is something I can experiment with.

bushmasterar15 and G.Leave like this.
  2. G.Leave

G.Leave Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN Staff Member Global Moderator

Agreed all around. Even with clones it would not be a cut and dry experiment...some clones simply do not root as well or as quickly, and growth rates vary. But genetic variance is eliminated from the variables, and with stable flower trigger it would allow a fairly accurate assessment of flower trigger and flower duration in larger pots.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    bushmasterar15 and lunarman like this.
  3. milkmann

milkmann Qualified Live Stoner

Do you think this method would work using a sort of 'self watering' wicking system using some string? Although, what to do with the string when it comes to transplanting... perhaps a bottom dunk/feed? I really struggle with watering seedlings lol

4. 4d-Rock

4d-Rock Geo-grower

Currently Smoking:
    Red Poison (Sweet Seeds)
    For the people who have successfully used this instatransplant cup...

What do you do in terms of soaking the soil? I’m sure the nutrients or lack of would depend on what you are using for medium. But that aside, do you give it a thorough soaking and how long would you let it sit and drain before planting your germed seed?

Thanks!

5. Quirk

Quirk Auto Warrior

Currently Smoking:
    white widow
    I fill my 18oz solos with my medium and weigh to get a dry baseline, 120 grams in my case, then slowly water ( I use a plastic ketchup bottle} until I can feel bottom of soil is moist and get that weight. 230 grams. I then set that in my grow environment for 24hrs, weigh again, 205 grams, then planted seeds. I don't go below 150 or above 200 and so far so good. Six days in. Thanks so much to G Leave for this technique. It's already made a difference for me. DSCN1672.JPG DSCN1789.JPG View attachment 1028611

Attached Files:

4d-Rock and Jraven like this.
  6. Chubi

Chubi Auto Warrior

Hello will i will be able to do this with a 0.5 Liter beer cups and pot the beer cups directly into soil will i get a good resutls.Or the beer cups go to a pot and then into soil what will be better?Sorry for the stupid questions but i want no stressing on autos and i have limited space for first 2 weeks indoor.Also i will use flourescent light can you tell me is there diffrent light for growing or it's the same az a normal flourescent office lamp can i get a office panel with 4-5 tubes say 24 watts one will it do the trick ?

7. 4d-Rock

4d-Rock Geo-grower

Currently Smoking:
    Red Poison (Sweet Seeds)
    That’s a great explanation, thanks for that. Unfortunately I didn’t weight mine prior but it seems like a solid approach to keeping things consistent and within the right threshold. Also, I like your squeeze bottle idea :)

Here’s my Dark Devil at 8 days
    [​IMG]

And my White Widow at 4 days
    [​IMG]

Both coming along reasonably but definitely room for improvement!

Quirk likes this.
  8. VitaMan

VitaMan Look, there's the mothership!

Currently Smoking:
    Clean glass and a new whip :)
    You'll find more expert responses than mine, but here goes.

I use potting soil with 30% coir. My coir comes in a brick so I have to pre-soak it to reconstitute. I wait a few days and when the moisture is similar to the potting soil, I blend and wait a day or so for it to equalize itself.

My lights tend to bring CalMag deficiency, so I add some to the water before I reconstitute the coir. (This is not at all based on science, rather a notion that the plants will need less supplements if it is available to them in the mix and/or, less CalMag will leach into the coir.)

Anyhoo, I just feel it. I like to germinate my seeds before planting, so I don't think it needs to soak.

4d-Rock likes this.
  9. VitaMan

VitaMan Look, there's the mothership!

Currently Smoking:
    Clean glass and a new whip :)
    Welcome Chubi.

GLeave 's grown a lot of plants and with it knowledge, so I try to do it just the way describes, with 2 cups per plant.

As for lights, that's a big topic. Look around this forum for ideas: Grow Lights

Tags: