• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Instatransplant Cups & Pots pictorial and Root Restriction Stunting

hecno

Worm Hunter .
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Reaction score
Using 2 pots is a very easy method and works very well on all sizes of pots . I have done it on photos and Autos with out any problem . One thing I do when doing it is check the root mass before planting in bigger pot . I like a good amount of root mass before transplanting , but not crowded .:thumbsup:

AutoflowerAK

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sativa, all day everyday
Thanks for putting this together, its a great idea. Will definitely be using this technique on my upcoming outdoor - 12 sativa plant grow in Alaska.

smokeyfromau

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
That's a good idea, and technique.

I kinda used the forestry tubes that came with the rainforest plants i got, the tubes are designed to spot spiral as they are deep, not sure it was the best for canna, i waited till i saw a few roots, planted them with seasol (fish) , they seemed to stall a bit, but i think the photos are less fussy, as i remember the nimbin in the early stages her pot flipped and she had to be replanted.

Bigg Al

Closet grower, auto cob lover!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Berry Bomb, Auto Glueberry OG

henry50

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Looks great, I may have a go using bio degradable cardboard pots, if I cut a few windows in them they will transplant and degrade hopefully to nothing. This could help me germinate a few plants in a small space under a smaller light before potting on. Great stuff.

Vegasbear87

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Could one do this and then transplant say, 12 of these into a 3x3 single-bed tray? Or would they then get normal-sized?

Fascinated by the intentional stunting technique - is there a write-up somewhere about it?