• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

iPower 19" Trim Bowl

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Here's something that I've been wondering. I'll say here seeing as it's active. Why does light suddenly become bad for trichs when it's been chopped? I mean they're not bad right up to that point so I gotta assume it doesn't become instant laser death ray. So why can't stuff be dried in the light?
Because it degrades the THC to CBN. You do not want to store your bud in the light either.

HighnDry

Anseo do na Pónairí
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Because it degrades the THC to CBN. You do not want to store your bud in the light either.
I get that, cheers. Just doesn't seem to me like a process that can happen overnight. Is this sped up due to that fact the plant is cut or are the trichs just following their life cycle?

Mañ'O'Green

Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
I get that, cheers. Just doesn't seem to me like a process that can happen overnight. Is this sped up due to that fact the plant is cut or are the trichs just following their life cycle?
I don't know maybe it is just Bro-Science but everything I have ever read said the same thing. There must be something to it. I'll be damned if I spend months of time growing some fine bud to take a chance at the finish line? I am just not willing to risk it because keeping them away from the light has worked for me.

Mañ'O'Green

Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
This will probably save time but I take too much care of my buds :crying: :baked: :muahaha: :tang:
I actually hand trimmed the last two Panamas because they were so easy to trim. But I get a repetitive injury if I work my trimming scissors hand too much. This bowl saves my arse when I have strains that are hard to trim.

nizmoKush

bluntts to the rescue!!!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I actually hand trimmed the last two Panamas because they were so easy to trim. But I get a repetitive injury if I work my trimming scissors hand too much. This bowl saves my arse when I have strains that are hard to trim.
I still haven't had a bad leaf to flower ratio but I bet when I do ill probably be like fuckkk this wheres that trim bowl thing at

AFNG

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I assumed you dry in darkness because you just chopped it. Maybe like cutting head off fish.... It keeps doing it's thing for a bit lol?

If there is something to the light degrading thc to cbn wouldn't that pretty much gaurentee 24 hours of light for an auto is a really bad idea?

Mañ'O'Green

Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
I assumed you dry in darkness because you just chopped it. Maybe like cutting head off fish.... It keeps doing it's thing for a bit lol?

If there is something to the light degrading thc to cbn wouldn't that pretty much gaurentee 24 hours of light for an auto is a really bad idea?
The degradation does not happen to a live plant any faster than the ripening process proceeds. That is what is happening when the trichs turn amber. I do not believe in running 24/0 after germination for other reasons.

Smoking Frog

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Last June ,i had 8 plants ready in a 2 weeks period.Total harvest was about 3 lbs.
That would have take me (estimate ) at least 30 hrs of hand trimming.With the 19'',it was done in less then 2 hrs.
Trim quality was as good as what you buy in legal store here.I finished everything in paper bags afterward.
And no lost as i made some hash with the trim.
Very very satisfied of the result.
Got better things to do then hand trim for 30 hrs wich is hard on the hands and back...