Is MC like AN Perfect PH? Or will I need to be very careful with PH?

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Cannabis Seeds

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Mar 13, 2017
I'm liking the AN Perfect PH Sensi AandB nutes because basically I don't need to worry about PH. I know its not really perfect because the solution may be OK but what happens at the roots with PH may be another story. But after 40 days of continuous use I find AN Perfect PH is PH worry free for me.

I'll be using some coco but never more than 50% coco. I'm mixing coco and HP Promix these days.

I'm curious if Mega Crop is (not sure how to say this) sensitive to PH? Is that even such a thing? Anyway, hope my question is clear and there is a simple answer.

BII

Sep 6, 2014
I've been using MegaCrop for a few weeks with some plants now about 1 week into bloom. I was using 4 g/gal, but have now (just fed the plants) switched to 5 g/gallon (plus HydroGuard, ReCharge, Microbial Munch/carbs, CALiMAGic). This is in AirPots filled with coco/perlite.

JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! MegaCrop is supposed to be highly chelated like pH Perfect; and just like AN, MegaCrop never even mentions adjusting pH of feed water. Why does seemingly everything think they must go against manufacturers instructions and add more salts/ions that can only interfere with chelated nutrients and their pH Perfect-ness, their bioavailability to roots and plants tissues?

I've recently switched most of my plants' base nutes from AN pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom A&B to MegaCrop. I use straight tap water, 225-240 ppm, that has worked well for years with AN pH Perfect base without ever checking pH. I am now using MegaCrop as base, and have never checked pH after mixing. Presumably, as long as pH is not ridiculously off-base, as long as you're not adding too much other salts/ions, I presume that as with AN that the pH going in doesn't matter.

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Mar 13, 2017
I've been using MegaCrop for a few weeks with some plants now about 1 week into bloom. I was using 4 g/gal, but have now (just fed the plants) switched to 5 g/gallon (plus HydroGuard, ReCharge, Microbial Munch/carbs, CALiMAGic). This is in AirPots filled with coco/perlite.

JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! MegaCrop is supposed to be highly chelated like pH Perfect; and just like AN, MegaCrop never even mentions adjusting pH of feed water. Why does seemingly everything think they must go against manufacturers instructions and add more salts/ions that can only interfere with chelated nutrients and their pH Perfect-ness, their bioavailability to roots and plants tissues?

I've recently switched most of my plants' base nutes from AN pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom A&B to MegaCrop. I use straight tap water, 225-240 ppm, that has worked well for years with AN pH Perfect base without ever checking pH. I am now using MegaCrop as base, and have never checked pH after mixing. Presumably, as long as pH is not ridiculously off-base, as long as you're not adding too much other salts/ions, I presume that as with AN that the pH going in doesn't matter.
Good to see someone do what I"m thinking of doing and its successful. I "liked" your post very much!

What size of bag did you get? The freebie promo only? I'm thinking of the 9 KG bag. And did you get Sweet Candy too?

BII

Sep 6, 2014
Good to see someone do what I"m thinking of doing and its successful. I "liked" your post very much!

What size of bag did you get? The freebie promo only? I'm thinking of the 9 KG bag. And did you get Sweet Candy too?
I'm just using the free ~250 gram MegaCrop sample (and I forgot to mention I'm also using Element X/MegaCrop). No I don't have Sweet Candy, rather I still have some AN Bud Candy, MIcrobial Munch and CarboLoad to use up first.

Dabber

Auto Warrior
Gladiator Level 6
Oct 11, 2017
Currently Smoking
Bubba Trouble, GWK x BT
My ph has always been in reason I like mine @ 6.6 and with MC, SC, and BE, my ph was 6.8 since adding RL my ph is right where I like it 6.6. I'm also getting some Element X to try