Zambeza Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Cannabis Seeds

jingo

Slightly Stoned
Sep 30, 2013
Jingo tests wwxxl and SSH from zambeza seeds. I will use lumigrow LEDs and GH nutrients.

Plant number one is two weeks old and shows the combined effects of a slightly strong nute mix and a bad pH pen. I have another pen on the way and luckily my number 3 pen is working fine.

Plant number two being a week younger, is really showing her displeasure. I did figure out my pH and nute issue yesterday and she is looking much better today.

Looking closer I think number one looks good and the new growth on two looks good. Two is obviously a very robust growing seedling to have done so well this past week in such a hot mix.

The WW is getting a real thick stem already.

I've had my lights a bit low which has kept the plants a little shorter than I like so I've raised them up today.

Last edited:

jingo

Slightly Stoned
Sep 30, 2013
Okay, today we have the super silver haze which is starting week 3 and up next is the white widow which is beginning week 4.

The SSH is recovering and once she gets her roots I think she'll take off. Really strong plant, I'd love to see how she'd do with a good start.

The White Widow is looking very green and a little bit shorter than I would expect. I suppose I might be just a little bit nitrogen toxic at this point.

jingo

Slightly Stoned
Sep 30, 2013
Okay, another week with mixed results. I feel the WW has got out of its funk and I may see some good growth ahead.

The SSH has not faired so we'll.

So after some consultation from other testers, I decided I probably had a root zone issue and set about investigating.

What I found was an odd discolored layer in the coco with very underdeveloped roots. Now I haven't grown in hard sided pots in years and it's possible my rapid start has gone bad so I'm not blaming the seeds.

So my plan is to pop another seed as soon as I start a couple more and can have a few the same age. So that will be in a few weeks and this diary will still be running, so I'll add it in at that time.

jingo

Slightly Stoned
Sep 30, 2013
Weekly update

The white widow is starting to stretch out a bit and looks like she might have the potential to finish off at a decent weight.

I like to get about a half a pound from any plant labeled as XL. This grow I wanted to try and grow some smaller plants so I put a few in hard-sided plastic pots. So I don't expect half a pound from this plant but it looks like she could shape up to do between four and six ounces and if she does I might grow her again in a 5 gallon fabric pot. I would expect the yield of 10 to 12 ounces from any seedling labeled XL and grown in a 5-gallon pot.

Thanks for stopping by

zambezaseeds

Auto Warrior
Jan 20, 2016
@jingo – the plants might have been stunned due to initial 500ppm strenght feeding you mentioned somewhere. If the plants are drooping, it usually is because overwatering or overfeeding. Calmag is not neccesary in the first 7 days of the seedling phase. The rootzone photo you supplied evidently shows some problems, it might be root root, problems with drainage, anaerobic conditions or something else.

Eventhough you mentioned the plants were a bit stunned at the begining, they came out really nice by the end of the cycle, probably if not the initial complication, they would get even stronger and bigger. ;)

jingo

Slightly Stoned
Sep 30, 2013
You're correct @zambesa I did hit that one seedling with to high a nutrient dose starting out. I think it was because I started it a week later and I'd already moved up to that strength of feed. I haven't used hard-sided pots in a while and my rapid start that I was using in the root Zone I believe had gotten moldy on me. So I take full credit on that one plant that I binned. I have a feeling this white widow is going to really perform as we finish the home stretch and I'm encouraged so when I start my super silver haze if I have room I might start another white widow and a Big 5 gallon felt pot.