1. Hey everyone, an explanation (and our solutions) on our technical site problems we've been experiencing:

Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

June 2019 Technical Issues (why we keep going down)

Discussion in 'Live Announcements & Constructive Feedback' started by Son of Hobbes, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Archaic

Archaic Flushing is a myth!

Currently Smoking:
    a corncob pipe
    It's all a part of the growing process and every site goes through it once in a while.

Keep rolling!

(I just wish my wife went down this often)

2. Wawashell

Wawashell Just an AFN Grower, Growing my Growing Skills

Currently Smoking:
    Strawberry ShortCake Cart., Mephisto Purple Nuggets
    Buddy y’all (staff and admin) will get there. Bumps in the road and all (hell some might turn to all out mud stuck on the way), but AFN will get there for the better in the end. One thing I learned in my few (adult years, still young at heart, lol) is....Might be stuck in a hard place now, but don’t look at now, look ahead and the outcome (shiny updated AFN, lol). :slap:

LordGreenWood, Jraven, Tetra9 and 2 others like this.
  3. Wawashell

Currently Smoking:
    Your right about the Live Chat, pretty awesome. Confusing at first, but once navigate HOTT it is pretty cool.
    (I think me and you and a few others talked about this last night) HOTT although sister site, and is test for AFN on some levels, like the Live Chat. I am pretty sure (read some where, have to go back and find it) HOTT is where the Grow Battles and Product Service Testing and some product reviews (and not just seeds) will go. That way AFN won’t be flooded with grow battles posts. And be more of the informative site to help growers.
    Side Note- love HOTT. Gotta get used to the layouts and controls a bit, but once figured out seems pretty easy.
    I also like that ya have a choice of screen layout, light and dark. That will definitely help folks out, since we have peeps from all ages here, and that will allow some to be able to see the screen better. Like me, lol. Some of my deployments left my eyesight damaged slightly, I can not see with out sunglasses at all times, the deserts bright a$$ sun and the idiots who decided to paint all the gravel around base white can kiss my behind a—holes. Anyway enough gripping, LOVE these new features, lol

4. Ghost

Ghost Watcher Of The Trichomes

Thanks for the explanation I just assumed we were under another attack. Glad you have it sorted, stay green:smokeout:

5. Wawashell

Currently Smoking:
    If we become under attack, So Help Me God call me, other nickname (in my head) AFN Merc, lol, just call me like ya can call Ghost Buster, :crying:

6. niceneasy

niceneasy Dragon Abuser

Currently Smoking:
    My own lovely hash.
    Glad you have it all covered now. I just thought it was my dodgy connection.

The HOTT alt page is a really good idea to, really appreciated.

LordGreenWood, MrOldBoy and Jraven like this.
  7. MissUniverse

MissUniverse I put metal in the microwave AFN Certified Grower level 1

You guys do the best job you can with bad situations. Keep it up. I mag a suggestion on how to manage downtime announcements over on hott (backup automated DNS management failover announcement) Might be worth looking in to still even if this dosent happen again. A back up is needed to let people know what is going on and keep people from thinking the worst and know basic updates. Not to put the pressure on you, but, the success of autos kinda relies on this site. :smoking: keep up the good work

8. forbiddenx711

forbiddenx711 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN AFN Certified Grower level 1

Currently Smoking:
    Organic Cannabis
    I hope you went with something along the lines of Nutanix....

LordGreenWood likes this.
  9. Mike20132

Mike20132 Lies can become truths, if we let them. AFN Certified Grower level 1

Currently Smoking:
    Speed Bud
    Dark Layout. PLEASE add one to AFN. My eyes aren't what they used to be, and they sucked back then, too.

10. Son of Hobbes

Son of Hobbes High of the Tiger Staff Member Site Administrator

It will have one :bighug:

LordGreenWood likes this.