• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

La Buena Hierba Seeds Grow N Show of 2021

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Waira

Well, the little Asian Haze is chopped, lightly trimmed, washed, hanging up and getting blown by an oscillating fan for a few hours.
I'll take a few prime buds, trim them nicely and dry them. The rest will get bagged up and in the freezer for hash. That should be some killer hash!
Without her cage
IMG_20210909_102351553_HDR.jpg

My 5 bucket wash set up.
Working from right to left:
Hydrogen peroxide, bucket
Rinse bucket
Baking soda and lemon juice bucket
And two rinse buckets
IMG_20210909_102929569_HDR.jpg

Cut branches

IMG_20210909_105008136_HDR.jpg

Dirty buckets! I flung out crap many times! Most of what I got off the girls was dead pistils. Could it be the removal of the dead pistils be the reason people say washed buds taste smoother?
IMG_20210909_113607929_HDR.jpg

Strung up fer a few hours. with a fan blowing on them.
IMG_20210909_115932137_HDR.jpg

I'm really surprised how pretty and green they turned out!

Waira

Growing strange,...
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zamadelica auto; S99v6;White Crack
:clapper::woohoo: :clapper: --- First girl in! A great run on her Bill, and I'm sure LBH will be pleased :greenthumb:This fast pheno' is worthy of chasing down!

How was her aroma at harvest?
I have no idea why she shed like that! :rofl: ...never had that happen to me before, not sure why they were so loose?
Pistils aren't harsh, it's all the other residues and debris that may make for harsher smoke, off flavors, etc.,...
Some plants never get smooth either, so other chemistry is at work there too....

>>> ChemDSDHz...
she gettin' close, but has some filling out to do yet,... seems slowed down for some reason... A little tip burn, but not enough to raise alarms. She's been a lighter than ave. feeder....
Buds frosting up nicely! Aroma is a mild fuelly, lemon/citrus, a little sweet and floral... resin feels oily, not really sticky right now....

lbh1.jpg
lbh2.jpg
lbh6.jpg
lbh4.jpg
lbh5.jpg

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Regular weekly update
La Buena Hierba Asian Haze is doing great! She's ramping up bud production and getting frosty.

I have found the beginnings of bud rot in a few places, but where it formed is very confusing. Several were located in the same part of the formation of the colas. It was the first bud formation down from the top main set of grouped buds. I found that a bit odd. Even more odd is the condition of that bud where it formed. The bud was in good air flow and was very wispy. Totally NOT where you would expect rot to start! It's very confusing.

The Phyter is working. At worst, it's slowing the progress of any rot that somehow gets established. When I find any rot, it's cut out and she gets sprayed at the next opportunity.

She's still drinking a rez in less than 48hrs. Dose of EM1 and humic acid in the mix of tap water that goes in the rez. I think next dry rez, she'll get her last dose of added nutes. It will be liquid this time and the water will be from compost tea I'm making for my other girls. It will be a last shot of goodness, as I see her coming down just before Oct1 if all things continue at the same rate. Bud growth is pretty vigorous.
SUNRISE THIS MORNING
I wanted to spray Phyter this morning, so I got outside early. Nice and cool 62*F with a high of 91. Forecast has some chances of rain this week, but with good temps. Further out is calling for more rain opportunities, but still good warm weather. Fingers crossed!!!!

IMG_20210912_080249126_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210912_080305870_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210912_080313888_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210912_080316789_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210912_080338827_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210912_080348152_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210912_080424724_HDR.jpg

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Canna sure is a strange and complicated plant! I took cuttings from both Asian Haze for S&Gs. All the cutting took. I'm attempting to make seeds from Sour Stomper with STS. I should have sprayed Stomper at like 14 days, so IF I get mature seeds, they will be S1s. Anyway, I've been spraying the Haze cuttings. One just mutated with it's structure and ot's leaf formation. Neither cutting seemed to respond to the sprayings. They were on 18/6 and I flipped to 12/12 a few days ago to see if that will do anything. With it being a fast photo/semi-auto, that's the only thing I could think of doing.
Looks like that worked. All the little sites on her have shown changes and the leaves have realigned themselves to a normal canna structure. The leaves changing back was NOT an expected outcome. Last week, she only had one normal leaf on the entire plant. Now a very large percentage are looking more normal,
I'll harvest the pollen, but I have no idea what I'll do with it. Maybe pollinate couple buds on my next 4x4 tent girls just fer S&Gs.

IMG_20210914_070419953.jpg