• OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code AFN10 for 10% discount off your total order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

• The Autoflower Conversational

Today's Topic:

1. Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Come give us your thoughts, we want to hear from you!
  • Test 1, Test 2 *tap tap tap*

AFN Live Chat Room
  • Win Bruce Banner
  • Prescription Blend Nutrients is offering a great 20% off discount code! This new nute company is showing well here, so swing by their section and see,... If you want to try their kit, the new disc. code is in the PB section...

Light and Easy Basic CFL Info

D

dazedandconfuzed

I have a 300w dual, I have 3 under it and can't see any problems. Check my journal in my sig to see my grow if you please.

Good luck and karma to your grow!

3greenthumbs

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I have a light fixture from a ceiling fan that has 5 lights. I put 5 splitters and now have 10 100w cfls in a 30x30 area. Unbelievable saturation of light and my home electric bill jumped a wapping $ 10 a month. I leave the 2 middle bulbs 6500K and all the others are 2700K. I start 2 seeds every 3 weeks and have a pretty constant havest of purple/skunk from seeds I made with fem. spray...
I grew photos outdoors for years now it's strictly auto with cfl's

Dazed

Confucius
Reaction score
LED outperforms CFL in everyway and more in my opinion. I switched and the benefits are very apparent.

mauricem00

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am very happy with the performance of my PL-L55 grow lights.but I don't see the fluoro crowd trying to hijack other threads.this seems to be a practice among the led crowd but having tried leds I was not impressed. not a cost effective way of growing.there are videos on youtube of people getting a gram per watt with cfls so I think it would be hard to improve on that. warm white led strip lights are cheap on ebay and run cool.in a micro grow they may work as side lighting or as a replacement for "red" bulbs in a mixed spectrum grow light but I can not see spending that kind of money for an led grow light when so many people have had great grows with HID or fluorescents which cost much less

AutoWanKenobi

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
If I was gonna use fluorescent lights what should I get to replace the 6500k and 2700k cfls

AutoWanKenobi

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Does the wattage matter? Someone what wattage should I get for the 2700k and the 6500k cfl

Panic

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
the most possible without question. I ran 24x 23w both spectrum CFLS. Heat became an issue. You can do it two ways a bunch of 23w for price, or you can buy a couple 125w.

mauricem00

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
the 23 (100 watt equivalent) watt bulbs are the most efficient larger or smaller bulbs put out less lumens per watt so produce more heat for a given amount of light. you might find this video interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9Mey9lOuA I don't think you could do much better with lights that cost ten times as much. and all solid state components claim a life expectancy of 50 to 100k hours. when was the last time you had a tv or radio last that long?