Lighting for Seedlings

• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.

ToneBone

Auto Warrior
Nov 14, 2018
After germination planting 5 autos directly into 5 gallon bag. Which is better for Seedlings until i switch to 1000w MH?..LED, T5 or CFL? And what wattage would be optimal for 5 seedlings in 5gal? Growing in 4x4 tent. Thanks in advance.

ToneBone

Auto Warrior
Nov 14, 2018
After germination planting 5 autos directly into 5 gallon bag. Which is better for Seedlings until i switch to 1000w MH?..LED, T5 or CFL? And what wattage would be optimal for 5 seedlings in 5gal? Growing in 4x4 tent. Thanks in advance.
Bump

growgreenjr

Auto Warrior
Dec 28, 2018
I'm kind of in the same situation; I have 5 auto seedlings going (6 days old, in a germination dome, about 2-3 inches high now) and I plan to transplant them into 5 gal fabric pots with Happy Frog soil when they reach 5-6 inches or so. I'm currently using a two-foot, 4-bulb T5 'starter' fixture (6400K bulbs) for the dome, but I'll be using a 600 watt 4K MH bulb in a SE reflector for the entire grow (18/6).

It will be my first auto grow after several photo grows. My previous experience with soil/MH/HPS bulbs leads me to believe that the 4K bulb will bring out the beast in these auto plants.

BTW, a 1000W bulb will certainly produce 'max' results, but in a 4x4 tent it's gonna be warm in there. The CFL route sounds like a decent solution for getting your seedlings to the next lighting level. Good luck! :smoking: