Long term storage - 1+ years

karlkutta

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm looking into what's the best way for long term storage of my harvest. Would like to start prepping several oz for storage and thought I check for what everyone recommends.

I'm thinking after its cured, vacuum seal and freeze. Or keep it in Mason jars and freeze those?

What's the best way to preserve taste, color, and potency?

BII

Reaction score
Lowest temperatures possible is what's needed to really retain potency and 'preserve' the buds (effectively halt all chemical and biological activity/degradation). But freezing often will change taste, appearance, texture, etc.

Otherwise, many do very well for a year or years leaving well-cured buds in their curing jars and simply keeping these in a cooler place. Being well-cured goes a long way in stabilizing the buds for storage.

Arthur

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Pressed white crack on quarts
Vacuum packed, bottom of the refrigerator. For long term I reduce rH to about 54%.

Olderfart

Darwin's big idea explains Cannabis
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Vaping: Mephisto 24 Carat, Mephisto Cosmic Queen, and Seedman Strawberry Cheesecake.
Mason jars and freezer after a thorough cure for me. If you freeze, always thaw completely to room temp before opening, and be very gentle with the jars while frozen. The frozen trichs are easily broken off, and if you open while cold you will have wet bud from condensation. :pighug:

karlkutta

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Great feedback! I will try some of this, maybe even two different methods in fridge and freezer to see what fits better

Mañ'O'Green

Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
Grove Bags for the win:jump:

I have not been using them for a year yet but I have no doubt my bud will remain perfect for more than a year maybe even 3 years :thumbsup:

karlkutta

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Grove Bags for the win:jump:

I have not been using them for a year yet but I have no doubt my bud will remain perfect for more than a year maybe even 3 years :thumbsup:

I started using these bags for curing. For long terms storage should they then be refrigerated?

Mañ'O'Green

Retired to watch the grass grow.
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.

JSH1973

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
If I should be so lucky and be making enough weed that I'll need long term storage, then I'll be making hash and oils etc..