1. The 2019 Biggest Grow Battle in the World is currently under way! Round one has started, don't miss the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Another round is coming. I am happy to announce I will be releasing more through OES! Stay tuned for availability.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Now! We are working on some server stuff. Should not be a problem but you might notice some slowness or other quirky behaviour. Thanks for your patience as we build!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey everyone, we'd like to welcome the UK-based vendor Invisible Sun LED to the Autoflower Network!

Invisible Sun offers efficient lighting solutions to growers and we'll be doing a fully documented grow-and-show with some of their kit with a grower from our test team! Let's give them a big AFN hello and check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey guys just wanted to let you know that we have another USA based seed bank listed in the commercial section. Stop in and say hello!!
    Dismiss Notice

LST with Fabric pots

Discussion in 'Autoflower Guides & Tutorials: How to Grow' started by Mcdee, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Mcdee

Mcdee Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

Hey AFN, I've got a simple little tip for fabric pot growers. I'm always looking for a better way to do things so here we go. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from this so would like to share with more people. I'm sure others have done this, hell can't believe it took me over 2yrs to think of it myself. I like/need to train my plants lst, supercropping, topping whatever you got lol. I also like fabric pot, but how to tie them down? I use to use safety pins, but they only last 1 or 2 grow once you get nutrients on them. Also it ain't fun to get jabbed either. I have heard some use binder clips which is a nice way, but I'm looking for less worry more permanent. So I came to grommets. So simple a caveman can do it, no offense to cavemen and cavemen lol.

20190129_160936.jpg

Here is my new Rain Science grow bag @Rain Science was generous enough to let me test. Is an excellent bag and didnt want to possibly damage it with safety pins.

20190129_160940.jpg

Grommets are easy to install all you need is a hammer and a grommet kit. Harbor freight has a 100pc kit for like 3.99. I got a kit at Home Depot for like $10. Just put block of wood should come in kit on 1 side of bag, take circular cutting tool on the other side and hit with hammer until hole is cut in bag. Then place 1 side of grommet in hole, place other side on top. Put striker bar in hole and hit until grommet is closed. Make sure you use quality grommets like solid brass to avoid rust. Now you can tie off multiple branches to 1 grommet. I recommend soft rubber ties. See so simple I used 1/2" on a 5gal bag. If you go smaller you may not be able to do more than 1 per grommet. Also make sure you put you grommets on facing the way you want. It will work just the same, but looks nicer with rounded side out. Here is a quick video on how to install. Thanks for reading.

2. AutoWonders

AutoWonders Cannabidiol Heaven

Right on

Mcdee likes this.
  3. Only1Sky

Only1Sky "And we got to get ourselves back to the garden." CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

Currently Smoking:
    4-Assed Monkey, Samsquanch, Ripley's OG, RQS Bubble Kush
    Woop, woop. Just ordered mine from Walmat. No wood block included, but heck who doesn't have a little scrap of wood lying around? :smoking:
    103 Pc Grommet Installation Kit Brass Set Tarps With Punch Tool
    $8.59 and free shipping. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Mcdee likes this.
  4. Mcdee

Nice! Ya, anything solid should work fine. Let me see when your done bud.

5. Only1Sky

Only1Sky "And we got to get ourselves back to the garden." CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 2)

Currently Smoking:
    4-Assed Monkey, Samsquanch, Ripley's OG, RQS Bubble Kush
    Well, it may not be until the May grow cycle. My RainScience & competing fiberpot are loaded with mix and ready to receive the seedlings. And "free shipping" does not equate to fast shipping -- so its likely that I'd need to go ahead and plant these babies before the grommet set arrives. Can't imagine trying to install the grommets in a pot loaded with soil and seedling - though it would probably make for a funny video.

Mcdee likes this.
  6. Mcdee

Yes, I recommend not doing when already filled lol. There's always next time.

forbiddenx711 likes this.
  7. Jonny Sparksalot

Jonny Sparksalot Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    Northern Lights
    I seen this on that Rain Science thread. Saw the picture first. Thought the grommets addition were Rain Science's creation. I was so sold on them then I read the post and realized it was McDee's addition to it lol.

Brilliant idea. Looks real nice and helpful. Rain Science should think of adding this feature to their products.

Mcdee likes this.
  8. Mcdee

Perfect, my goal was to make it look it was "factory built" lol. I hope it sparks some thought in growers and helps people find ways do it better. I'm sure someone else thought of it before me, but havent seen it.

Jonny Sparksalot likes this.
  9. Flash Growdon

Flash Growdon Auto Warrior

Wow why didn't I think of that I litterally have made shower curtains awesome thanks for tip

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Mcdee likes this.
  10. Mcdee

I said the same thing when I thought of it lol.

Flash Growdon likes this.