• The Autoflower Conversational

Weekly Topics:

1. Myth Busting - Autoflowers Revegging (can autoflowers reveg? Give us your thoughts!)

Come give us your thoughts; we want to hear from you!
  • We're looking for grower submissions for any autoflowers that they have had tested by a lab or using a home testing device. The idea is to create a grouping of tests that we can use a resource to show growers (both new and experienced) what kind of cannabinoids and terpenes some of the strains we're growing are testing out with!

Appreciate any help and consideration! Click here for the thread!

Mainlining and Manifolding Auto's

Vikram Gopal

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
So, I pulled the two largest fan leaves and I retied the four mains. (I also watched all five parts of dubxxl's vids) ..Since I'm only going for these four mains, does that mean that I just let each of them grow upwards from here? Also, it looks like I have a fifth main happening. One of the four chutes has another coming off of it. I won't be able to grab a photo until tomorrow.
let it grow lateral for atleast another week then you can think of letting it grow upwards or if the plant is healthy and not started to show pre flowers by next week then you can go for 1 more round of topping for 8 mains
(upload a pic you might have Fimed one of the tops accedentally)

OttoCBD

Unmundane in the Membrane
Reaction score
let it grow lateral for atleast another week then you can think of letting it grow upwards or if the plant is healthy and not started to show pre flowers by next week then you can go for 1 more round of topping for 8 mains
(upload a pic you might have Fimed one of the tops accedentally)
Great advice, thanks. Speaking of FIMming, last Wednesday, I made this post in this thread thinking that I may have FIM'd. I'm too unexperienced to know if that's exactly what happened. As it currently stands, she's in her 'bad haircut phase'. I'm sure she'll get over it but it was heartbreaking when I saw her newly cut wounds dripping tears that tasted like really fresh water.. (I just had to taste) ..Anyway, if I did FIM, it looks like I may have done it on both sides because I have a little spurt of new growth on each side. My inexperienced eyes don't know what to make of it. Here's how she currently sits. Don't laugh or you'll embarrass her ;-)

Attachments

OttoCBD

Reaction score
Great advice, thanks. Speaking of FIMming, last Wednesday, I made this post in this thread thinking that I may have FIM'd. I'm too unexperienced to know if that's exactly what happened. As it currently stands, she's in her 'bad haircut phase'. I'm sure she'll get over it but it was heartbreaking when I saw her newly cut wounds dripping tears that tasted like really fresh water.. (I just had to taste) ..Anyway, if I did FIM, it looks like I may have done it on both sides because I have a little spurt of new growth on each side. My inexperienced eyes don't know what to make of it. Here's how she currently sits. Don't laugh or you'll embarrass her ;-)
I'll start quoting my last posts in order to make this a little easier to follow. This is how she sits this morning. Since it's day 28, I'm hoping that things start slowing down a bit. It's currently as tall as what's just about to be harvested. I tried switching from pipe cleaners to something a little less fuzzy and a little more rigid but it didn't work out so the pipe cleaners stay. Everything's very even right now and what's shooting upwards is too tender to try to manipulate. I'm not sure if this will qualify as a proper mainlining but I feel confident that whatever happens it'll produce ..something.

Attachments

Kinezokyprios

Perverted Mind, Pure Heart.
Reaction score
Sorry I have very little time to assist, but you are doing a very good job. Technically it is a flawless effort. I really like how you master the scissor and the rope.
I have my doubts about the genetics you selected since I haven't tried them. I personally have tried topping many times on White Label auto strains and Fast Buds strains. I don't say this to discourage you, I just point out that different auto strains react in an unpredictable variety of ways to training, just like many photo strains are not happy with topping. But if you don't try you can never tell. I respect and admire bold moves like these!

OttoCBD

Reaction score
Sorry I have very little time to assist, but you are doing a very good job. Technically it is a flawless effort. I really like how you master the scissor and the rope.
I have my doubts about the genetics you selected since I haven't tried them. I personally have tried topping many times on White Label auto strains and Fast Buds strains. I don't say this to discourage you, I just point out that different auto strains react in an unpredictable variety of ways to training, just like many photo strains are not happy with topping. But if you don't try you can never tell. I respect and admire bold moves like these!
Thanks for the kind words of support. I'm more inclined to try to train something that doesn't take to kindly to training than I am one to grow something based on its trainability.

OttoCBD

Reaction score
I'll start quoting my last posts in order to make this a little easier to follow. This is how she sits this morning. Since it's day 28, I'm hoping that things start slowing down a bit. It's currently as tall as what's just about to be harvested. I tried switching from pipe cleaners to something a little less fuzzy and a little more rigid but it didn't work out so the pipe cleaners stay. Everything's very even right now and what's shooting upwards is too tender to try to manipulate. I'm not sure if this will qualify as a proper mainlining but I feel confident that whatever happens it'll produce ..something.
It dawns on me now that these new lower growth tips should be removed and that what's been happening is nothing out of the ordinary.
Am I correct about that? If so, I put X's on what I intend to cut. You can't really tell from the first pic but everything (that can be pulled down) is very even.

Edit: The third image is a screen shot of my own notes which I'd failed to etch into my brain.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kinezokyprios

Perverted Mind, Pure Heart.
Reaction score
It dawns on me now that these new lower growth tips should be removed and that what's been happening is nothing out of the ordinary.
Am I correct about that? If so, I put X's on what I intend to cut. You can't really tell from the first pic but everything (that can be pulled down) is very even.

Edit: The third image is a screen shot of my own notes which I'd failed to etch into my brain.
Wait just a while to see how they would develop. If they do grow strong and tall keep them. You need to wait anyhow, to remove them properly, to avoid even more new shoots popping out later on in the grow.