• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Majicman

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi Everbody!!!
Can you guys let me know if you think that the Mars 300 led grow light lamp is any good?, I'm on a bit of a budget & want to start using LED's, do you think I would do well with the Mars 300, I'm initially looking just to grow an Auto or 2 inside my 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m tent, any adivce from you guys would be very welcome indeed, let me know please everyone

Atulip

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
They make an excellent budget led. But ignore the 300, it pulls ~135w at the wall.

so for a 1.5mx1.5m tent, 4-5 of these would do pretty well. But if you're not planning on using the entirety of the space, toss 1 light over each plant, they'll cover about a 1.5'x1.5' space pretty well, up to about a 2'x2' space each.

mr small balls

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
They make an excellent budget led. But ignore the 300, it pulls ~135w at the wall.

so for a 1.5mx1.5m tent, 4-5 of these would do pretty well. But if you're not planning on using the entirety of the space, toss 1 light over each plant, they'll cover about a 1.5'x1.5' space pretty well, up to about a 2'x2' space each.

what is the heat levels from the 5w chips like?

Atulip

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Should be 300+BTU/hr direct heat created per light. Directly under canopy, Maybe a couple degrees higher than ambient.