Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Yes. I did go the [emoji294]MAGIC[emoji294] mushrooms. I'm sure it's all similar though.
I used the legendary Psilocybe Fanatacus[emoji769] method which involves tapered wide mouth Ball jars, a substrate of organic rice flour, vermiculite and distilled water.
Poke 4 holes in each lid around the edge equal distance apart.
You fill the jars with the mix, put the lids on and cover the top tightly with aluminum foil. Make sure the holes are covered and the foil is tight.
Put em in a pressure cooker for 45 mins to kill anything in the substrate. While this is happening you disinfect your work area like an OCD germaphobe or use a clean box atmosphere approach if you're gonna make a regular thing out of it.
Once the 45m is up, remove the jars to your clean work area with gloved hands. Remove the foil. Take your spore syringe...which in this case was Amazonian strain Psilocybe Cubensis, and shoot a dot down each hole up against the glass.
Repeat for each jar. Put the jars in a dark place with a moderate temperature and wait. After anywhere from 2-5 weeks the jars should become fully inoculated with the mycelium network. It looks like a cross of roots and spider webs... stark white.
While the jars are in the cupboard, you build a terrarium. Which is just a cooler with a good fitting lid. Get a small piece of plexiglass and cut a hole in the cooler lid a bit smaller and glue/epoxy the plexiglass onto the lid over the hole.
Get a bit of chicken wire fencing and cut it to match the interior dimension of the cooler. Find some rocks, plastic...whatever, to put on the bottom of the cooler to suspend the chicken wire an inch or two off the bottom. You don't want the shrooms sitting in water.
Get an ultrasonic humidifier and modify the output by turning it into a manifold. Basically just glue some hard plastic over the output. Get a few sections of ¼" hose and a few 2 liter bottles. Drill a hole in the humidifier manifold to accept the hose and use silicone or similar to seal it up.
Take the 2 liter bottles and drill the same hole about ⅔ the way up, and also drill the caps. Take the output of the humidifier and run the hose through the cap so it reaches the bottom of the 1st bottle. Fill the bottle about half way with distilled water. Push another house through the hole you drilled in the side and run that into the 2nd bottle through the cap just like the first one. Take the hose out the side of bottle 2 into the cooler and seal everything up nice. Make sure both bottles are about half full.
Now carefully flip the jars upside down onto the chicken wire and put as many as can fit. Close the lid, turn in the humidifier and put a light over the plexiglass in the top. Put the light on a 1 hour timer per 24 hour cycle...it keeps the shrooms pointing up.
You basically created mycelium cakes and grow them in a 100% RH environment...but not so they are directly in the water.
The mushrooms should grow in a few days to a week and you can get half a dozen off each cake in one shot. The cakes should make anywhere from 2-4 rounds before they get used up...and you replace them with fresh ones.
Once you get it running it's pretty simple and quite low maintenance. It uses almost zero power and it's super quiet. You could fill a closet with coolers and get nutty.