• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!

My First AFN Journal ~~Original OG Kush auto in 15 gallon pot~~ Stop in and Say hello!

Jean-O

www.jeanosgenetics.com
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Straw Dog, Grape Cheese, VooDoo, The Duke
I meant to ask. Do you guys/gals remove the restraints once the plant is finished with it's stretch or keep them in place the whole grow?
I usually leave mine on the whole grow.

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I meant to ask. Do you guys/gals remove the restraints once the plant is finished with it's stretch or keep them in place the whole grow?
Normally leave them in, but the canopy dictates what needs to be done.

LoveDaAutos

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
Diary Update for today 5/9/21 for the OGK auto from FastBuds

I snipped off a small part of a bud located lower on the plant to take a look at the trichromes. Assuming trichromes are the same on autoflowering plants as they are on photoperiodic plants in my less then expert opinion the Original OG Kush plant is ready to be harvested. Not sure if you'll be able to tell much from my amateur photos or not.
View media item 23838
View media item 23837
View media item 23836

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Kinds hard to tell from the pics man.
Some autos don't really 'amber up'. Look for cloudy and where the trichs head has more of a mushroom shape.....mainly looking at where the head meets the stalk.

LoveDaAutos

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
mainly looking at where the head meets the stalk.
I'm actually thinking you're spot on with the ambers. I see them dispersed here and there but not a ton of them. What I do think I am seeing are trichromes that have lost their mushroom caps which to me says they are starting to decline or break down. I was going to harvest this plant next weekend but if time permits I'll take her down this coming Tuesday or Wednesday and get through the horrible trimming of larfy buds.

WildBill

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking you're spot on with the ambers. I see them dispersed here and there but not a ton of them. What I do think I am seeing are trichromes that have lost their mushroom caps which to me says they are starting to decline or break down. I was going to harvest this plant next weekend but if time permits I'll take her down this coming Tuesday or Wednesday and get through the horrible trimming of larfy buds.
Yeah, they were pretty beat up. And you said it was a lower bud too.
Use your own judgement.