• The Autoflower Conversational

Weekly Topics:

1. Myth Busting - Autoflowers Revegging (can autoflowers reveg? Give us your thoughts!)

Come give us your thoughts; we want to hear from you!
  • We're looking for grower submissions for any autoflowers that they have had tested by a lab or using a home testing device. The idea is to create a grouping of tests that we can use a resource to show growers (both new and experienced) what kind of cannabinoids and terpenes some of the strains we're growing are testing out with!

Appreciate any help and consideration! Click here for the thread!

Need a KISS organic soil recipe for autos

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
First timer here boys and girls. Already introduced myself on the board. Currently doing a test grow in a tent with tomatoes to dial in the environment. Using Promix HP substrate and some Miracle Grow tomato nutes. One lesson learned for me is I would like to remove fussing around with nutes in water and just let the soil handle things. I'm looking for a straight forward KISS TLO recipe that I can cook up now and over the next month while I wait until I can grow some herb.

I found this recipe on the Michigan Medical Marijuana website. I also searched AFN a lot looking for recipes that look simple but didn't see anything that I like other than Pop's posts on a super simple soil (SSS).

Anyway, how does this look? Also, I ordered my auto beans already and went all in with Dutch Passion for the first run.

Full bale Promix(3.8 cuft compressed)(2.0 cuft sometimes or uncompressed adjust accordingly)
6 cups Bone Meal
4 cups Blood Meal
4 cups kelp meal
3 cups Dolomite Lime
1 1/2 cups Epsom salt
1 small bag Worm Castings
1 bag Perlite (optional)
6 tbsp. Plant Success Granular (optional)
3 tbsp Soluble Seaweed extract (optional)
3 tbsp Rare Earth (optional)

Green Goblin

Oscorp Industries-Organic Division
AFN Gladiator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Forgotten Cookies
How about soil you can just add a 5 lb bag of amendments to 5 gallons of Ewc,Coco,Perlite and Promix? If that sounds good check out TLOsoils Mastermix 2.1..there is also buildasoil or KIS organics..I'd throw you some links but I'm not allowed to.

Edit: Nevermind what I said, listen to the guy below me lol

Last edited:

Eyes on Fire

Guy Smiley
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
i would use for well over 20 gallons of soil a large bag of castings.and what size bag of perlite? a full 3CF? half that at most imo. 1/2 cup granular and soluble should be added to teas imo when foliar spraying and/or feeding or boosting with teas imo. rare earth maybe half a cup.thats that inoculate if I recall? a humus make up? half cup to 2/3 cup rounded imo.

does pro mix BX have perilte in it?like sunshine [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]?if so 1/3 bag of perlite will suffice i think.

lunarman

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am a newbie and you guys are talking above my pay grade right now.

I have access to PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE by the 3.2 cft bale so that is the base I will be working with. It does have perlite.

I should have mentioned I'll sub out some of the Promix for some coco coir. Maybe go 60% HP and 40% coco.

And the "small bag" of worm castings should be about 9KG or about 20LBS from what I can tell from other mixes I found online.

What I want to know is is the rest of the KISS super soil recipe right for ratios or amounts on the meal, kelp etc. And would you amend the amendments at all?

Eyes on Fire

Guy Smiley
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
if your that new bro, its WAY easier to buy something like Mephisto soil mix,Bio tabs or something similar. if you want to make larger batches,again soil mix from mephisto ,tlosoil.com has 5LB packs that are very cost effective as well as the KIS system which is a 15LB pack free shipping. make 20 and 30 gallons of a cooked style of soil building or blending.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pro BX too bro

Eyes on Fire

Guy Smiley
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
Well then, depends on which way you wanna go. make your own compost,worm bin (Vermicompost)mand a Bokashi bin and collect your own microbes and combine with a few bought items and you can go that route but its kind of a lot to learn all at once. or you can Buy raw items and make a shake n bake type of batch that work really well too.

so there are decisions to be made :) or for a good recipe if you want to do composting and so forth I would ask @pop22 or @StickMan they use that and make it as I understand it. I myself cannot.

A

Another One Bites the Dust1

Well then, depends on which way you wanna go. make your own compost,worm bin (Vermicompost)mand a Bokashi bin and collect your own microbes and combine with a few bought items and you can go that route but its kind of a lot to learn all at once. or you can Buy raw items and make a shake n bake type of batch that work really well too.

so there are decisions to be made :) or for a good recipe if you want to do composting and so forth I would ask @pop22 or @StickMan they use that and make it as I understand it. I myself cannot.
I will post my recipe later. Not at home right now, near my PC.

Thanks for tagging me Eyes my friend !