• Competition

Nomis' Auto Pounder with Cheese LED Fox Farm Grow

nomis

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Germed an Auto Pounder with Cheese seed in 24 hrs via wet paper towel and zip lock bag. Dropped her in the soil and away we go!
DSCN1822.jpg

Soil:
HapppyFrog.pngOceanforest_1.5CF.png
Fox Farm Happy Frog/Ocean Forrest 50/50 mix. FFOF was too hot for my seedlings the last couple of grows so will tone it down with some HF. Low PH was a major issue last grow due to bad soil, so have done some pH testing of the new soil. FFOF is 6.3 and FFHF is 7.0, so mixed together seems like a nice place to be.

Nutes:
Soil-Nutrient-Trio.pngSolubleTrio.pngcalmag.jpg
Fox Farm Liquid & Soluble Trio, Cal/Mg juice, mollassis - Spent a few bucks to upgrade to Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching & Open Sesame, hoping it'll pay off. Cal/Mg added to help with LED lighting deficiencies.

Container:
airpot.jpg
Airpot 5 gallon equivalent. Holds 3.6 gallons/13.8 liters of soil, enough for a potential monster plant.

Water: Bottled spring water & air pump - I'm switching to spring water from distilled due to a perceived lack of 'trace minerals' encountered in previous grows. Distilled water TDS is 0, Spring water is ~ 50ppm, and my tap water is 450ppm on a good day. The air pump is lesson #1 here @ AFN, so no big surprise.

Lighting:
light.jpg
The trusty LG-G04B96LED 300w Reflector LED. Actual draw 190 watts, 96 x 3w bulbs. Since the last MJ grow this unit has been growing my common veggie seeds with an almost 100% germ rate. I have only grown 24/0 and may switch to 20/4, but havent decided. You can check out my LED review for more info. https://www.autoflower.net/forums/f147/lg-g04b96led-300w-reflector-led-review-30783.html

I'm using a couple CFL's to get her going and help her stretch up and will eventually be removed.

DSCN1824.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Trapper

Rocky Mountain...High
Reaction score
THAT, my goat friend, looks like a recipe for success! :) So subbed.

I love my FFHF, but maybe root a round a little, been hearing of some gnat issues with them.

Last edited:

nomis

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
thanks dude, i've been reading that too a bit lately. I dumped it all into a tote and spent a few days mixing it by hand and removed a few sticks but luckily no bugs. I'ts really quite fluffy stuff.... felt kinda nice on my hands vs outdoor dirt.

Trapper

Rocky Mountain...High
Reaction score
thanks dude, i've been reading that too a bit lately. I dumped it all into a tote and spent a few days mixing it by hand and removed a few sticks but luckily no bugs. I'ts really quite fluffy stuff.... felt kinda nice on my hands vs outdoor dirt.
Nice! G-T-G - (Good to Go) :)

Darth Vapour

Supreme Commander in Kief
Reaction score
Stand tall soldier!

That stem looks ready to pump nutrients, all the best nomis

:peace:

Chester

Honey Hugger ...
Reaction score
Great looking seedling Nomis ...

wu wei

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey nomis, nice little set up you have there! And a happy looking seedling, its all looking good bud!!

nomis

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Day 6-9 progression, haven't posted till now thinking she might fail but seems to be progressing ok. She popped some spots on the first set of leaves on day 5, am hoping it's light stress. Was giving her plain RO water in sparse amounts every day, then gave her 1/2 gallon of 7.0 spring water today with 6.6ish runoff. I removed the CFL's and the LED is 24" away in lower power veg setting. It was hot and dry in the closet for the first few days, but currently 78f 60rH. I had a clear plastic cup over her the first few days due to low rh. I might chuck in a soupçon of cal/mag in a few days.

Day 6:
Day 06 - DSCN1860.jpg

Day 7
Day 07 - DSCN1865.jpg
Day 8
Day 08 - DSCN1880.jpg

Day 9
Day 09 - DSCN1889.jpg

DSCN1891b.jpg