OG Kush Auto... getting close :)

• The state of AFN
  • Hey everyone, I'm doing some testing on some things and will have the Live IM chat add-on disabled for the time being. Appreciate your consideration and apologies for any inconvenience! - Hobbes (7 pm MDT 2/13/2020)

Columbo

Auto Warrior
May 16, 2019
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
I have some vision issues, ION and as such I have a very difficult time making out the Trichomes colors. I see in the pictures the Trichomes, but don't see any cloudy or darker indicating "ripe" The Blue Green leaves are just a touch yellow at the very edge, but overall looks mostly dark green. How much longer do you all suspect this OG Kush Auto will go before I at least start taking the top buds?

Reactions: Daxxor and blue

Columbo

Auto Warrior
May 16, 2019
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
Just one more thing... A guy that is a professional painter at work, who knows people in the vicinity that do professional growing told me that I should put it in total darkness for 48 hours and that will make it go into maturity so I can harvest it. I never heard of that, but maybe you all have? Thoughts on 48 hours of dark on a bud this far along?

Reactions: Daxxor and blue

blue

Unicorn Hunter
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
AFN Gladiator
May 17, 2013
Weclome to AFN! :D

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Just one more thing... A guy that is a professional painter at work, who knows people in the vicinity that do professional growing told me that I should put it in total darkness for 48 hours and that will make it go into maturity so I can harvest it. I never heard of that, but maybe you all have? Thoughts on 48 hours of dark on a bud this far along?
It could be a myth ... I can't remember seeing anyone come up with any actual proof - which I imagine could only be done with identical clones.
I'd be happy to see some.

I've seen some VERY respected growers do this, some say it increases the terpines (flavour/scent profile) which are produced during the dark period.

Your plant looks harvestable by the way - the hairs have gone orange and are receeding.
The trichs look cloudy to me!

Happy growing
All the best

Blue ^_^
:d5:

Reactions: Daxxor and Columbo

Columbo

Auto Warrior
May 16, 2019
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
Thank you Blue ! ^_^ for the welcome! Thank you for the cue that I can take off some of the top buds. The ones on the bottom look like they could go just a bit longer. I used a Nikon camera with Sigma Zoom macro lens as well as a Tamron 18-270 mm lens to take pictures. Glad the crops and blow up were useful. Had to resize the photo down a bit as was several mb big.
BTW, is there a way to globally choose a type of font "Book Antiqua" and size 5 as default? It is difficult at time to see the words on my laptop screen, and this gives me a better view.

Reactions: Daxxor

Mr. K

Peel my fingers off the rim
Feb 2, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for sharing Columbo. The buds in your pics look great. I can see lots of cloudy trichomes. A lot of people would be happy to harvest at this point. Some like to wait a few more days or a week if they want a more heavily sedative effect...
If you prefer to actually function upright for a time after using this cannabis, you could go ahead a harvest now :smoking:
And I would do what you've already hinted at, harvest the top now, wait a while for the lowers to fill out and develop a bit more before taking them.
As far as saving fonts/text size, I have never come across that option. Compared to some other forums that I read, this site is incredible, but it hasn't got that fancy yet!
:smokeit:

Reactions: Columbo

Columbo

Auto Warrior
May 16, 2019
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
When I trim off the top buds, is there anything against just hanging them on a clothesline to dry during the day? Or is that too hot, too fast?

Mr. K

Peel my fingers off the rim
Feb 2, 2019
Some people will caution against drying in any bright light or sunlight believing that a loss of potency and flavors can occur. I believe this would happen because of the concerns you mentioned: hot and fast!
But, people have been drying cannabis in full sunlight on big rocks or roofs for millennia...
I do not have experience with your plans, but I’d think if you need to dry outside, try and set up in a shady, calm location.
Just for shits and giggles—Here’s a few shots of what I use to dry. I’ve cut a hole in the bottom side of the box that sucks air out via a 4” duct right into by grow tent. This keeps the smell way down... Air comes in the box through those small holes I drilled in the lid.
C901B02C-72FD-4120-88BB-1427990C919E.jpeg 604E4D00-1B74-4B09-88B6-9CB30F8D3916.jpeg

Reactions: Columbo

Columbo

Auto Warrior
May 16, 2019
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez, Phantom OG
That looks really nice and well thought out. I opted to hang them in our spare bathroom, and have a very small fan in there just to move the air around just a bit.

Reactions: Mr. K