1. Happy New Year Buds!!! If anyone tagged me or spoke to me directly about badges over the past several weeks or whenever... And I didn't issue them please contact me again. I know I missed some of you in the end of the year madness. Thanks Buds!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's that time again and this time it seems that we have quite the list of contenders. It's time for the winter Solo Cup Challenge. For more info look Here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All of the Grower of the Year 2018 Battle First Legs Start 1st Feb..Be there if you Dare. Grow cannabis Live with Friends on AFN.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Prize Winners please watch your mails...if you are not answering them..vendors can't send your prizes out..
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Festivus Month 1, Week 1 - Draw Your Favorite Festivus Staff Member Open for voting in the Festivus section. Drop in and Vote..tell them Mossy sent you..
    Dismiss Notice

Photographic Contest ⊶ Sweet Seeds + AFN ⊷ January 2018

Discussion in 'Sweet Seeds' started by Sweet Seeds, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Maria Sanchez

Maria Sanchez Outdoor winter grow for autos? CannaZonian (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Mandala Safari & Dark Devil
    @Free Flow -- go to the Sweet Seeds website, and check out their catalogue.
    Select the "Red Family". IIRC, most of them grow out at about 80% red / purple / blue phenos.
    Some of their other plants have this trait, too, like the Jack 47 and Black Jack, I think.

2. 912GreenSkell

912GreenSkell Outdoors of the north CannaZonian (Tier 1)

Free Flow is looking for sweet red or purple photoperiod strains, not autos. ;)

3. Maria Sanchez

Maria Sanchez Outdoor winter grow for autos? CannaZonian (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Mandala Safari & Dark Devil
    Oh, sorry... thought the "Red FAmily" included photos.
    My bad. Please ignore, haha.

4. CTb1

CTb1 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    White widow
    I’ve already asked this question on Instagram they unfortunately don’t have black/red/purple photoperiods, I was saying they should develop one cause it’d be a hit for sure

5. sanguine

sanguine 'Comfortably numb' CannaZonian (Tier 1)

Yea the red family is in autoflower only!
    Im sure the photo growers would love them too

6. Sweet Seeds

Sweet Seeds Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Hi everyone!

Since 2014 we considered this option and tried to develop a photoperiod-dependent strain with the same colour characteristics as the autoflowering strains from The Red Family. The problem is that the autoflowering strains from The Red Family find their purple flowered genetic trait in an autoflowering genetic line.

In other words, we have a genetic line (from seed) of a Pakistani Kush strain that is so purple that about 90% of the offspring develops purple flowers. But this is autoflowering and there is photoperiod-dependent strain (at least we couldn't find one until now) with such purple flowered traits. So, since we always have to start from seeds (you can't keep mothers/clones from autos) and since this is an autoflowering genetic line, we couldn't introduce this trait in a photoperiod-dependent strain without taking the autoflowering trait together with it in the cross.

But we will keep looking for other alternatives and other ways to do that.

Then we have photoperiod-dependent strains in our collection that may acquire purple or reddish tones in late flowering, but it's not 90% of the plants as happens with the strains from The Red Family. It's maybe 1 out of every 5 plants or something like that. And the purple tones are usually soft, not even close to the intensity present in The Red Family strains. Anyway, these strains would be Cream Mandarine F1 Fast Version, Sweet Afgani Delicious S1, Black Jack and Cream Caramel.

Kind regards,

tommy

7. orrganic

orrganic Budgeteer Auto Warrior

I've had green poison fv have beautiful purple hues across the tops, but not full reliable purple.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L02 using Tapatalk

8. rc3600

rc3600 Welcome to the CannaZone

DD auto!!![​IMG]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

9. Kya Knight

Kya Knight Welcome to the CannaZone

Currently Smoking:
    Blueberry Headband
    I just started my bloody skunk; I won't be able to get in on the action for a few months but I'll be lurking :shooty:

10. orrganic

orrganic Budgeteer Auto Warrior

I've got some Cream Caramel one week into flower and hoping to have some trichs worth entering by the end of the month. I think a veg shot would disrupt the theme of entry pool a bit too much.

Great stuff so far.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L02 using Tapatalk