1. It's back for season 2! ... This is one of the most fun, diverse Comp's we run, full of thrills, chills and spills! So slap that helmet on, grab your best beans and start bustin' moves... Boooiiiii! ... just check in with our fab' MC 912GreenSkell.....
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you miss the interview with AgriScience Laboratories yesterday?

Come learn about cannabinoid testing and variance, pesticide/contaminant testing requirements in the state of Colorado, and how state/federal regulations factor into those requirements!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!
    Dismiss Notice

Photographic Contest ⊶ Sweet Seeds + AFN ⊷ January 2018

Discussion in 'Sweet Seeds' started by Sweet Seeds, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Maria Sanchez

Maria Sanchez Maria's Marvelous Micro Medical Marijuana Madness! CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Mandala Safari F2 Canna-coconut Oil
    @Free Flow -- go to the Sweet Seeds website, and check out their catalogue.
    Select the "Red Family". IIRC, most of them grow out at about 80% red / purple / blue phenos.
    Some of their other plants have this trait, too, like the Jack 47 and Black Jack, I think.

2. 912GreenSkell

912GreenSkell Outdoors of the north Staff Member Global Moderator

Free Flow is looking for sweet red or purple photoperiod strains, not autos. ;)

3. Maria Sanchez

Maria Sanchez Maria's Marvelous Micro Medical Marijuana Madness! CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    Mandala Safari F2 Canna-coconut Oil
    Oh, sorry... thought the "Red FAmily" included photos.
    My bad. Please ignore, haha.

4. CTb1

CTb1 Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN CannaZone Product Tester (Tier 1)

Currently Smoking:
    White widow
    I’ve already asked this question on Instagram they unfortunately don’t have black/red/purple photoperiods, I was saying they should develop one cause it’d be a hit for sure

5. sanguine

sanguine 'Comfortably numb' General Staff

Yea the red family is in autoflower only!
    Im sure the photo growers would love them too

6. Sweet Seeds

Sweet Seeds Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN AFN Authorized Vendor

Hi everyone!

Since 2014 we considered this option and tried to develop a photoperiod-dependent strain with the same colour characteristics as the autoflowering strains from The Red Family. The problem is that the autoflowering strains from The Red Family find their purple flowered genetic trait in an autoflowering genetic line.

In other words, we have a genetic line (from seed) of a Pakistani Kush strain that is so purple that about 90% of the offspring develops purple flowers. But this is autoflowering and there is photoperiod-dependent strain (at least we couldn't find one until now) with such purple flowered traits. So, since we always have to start from seeds (you can't keep mothers/clones from autos) and since this is an autoflowering genetic line, we couldn't introduce this trait in a photoperiod-dependent strain without taking the autoflowering trait together with it in the cross.

But we will keep looking for other alternatives and other ways to do that.

Then we have photoperiod-dependent strains in our collection that may acquire purple or reddish tones in late flowering, but it's not 90% of the plants as happens with the strains from The Red Family. It's maybe 1 out of every 5 plants or something like that. And the purple tones are usually soft, not even close to the intensity present in The Red Family strains. Anyway, these strains would be Cream Mandarine F1 Fast Version, Sweet Afgani Delicious S1, Black Jack and Cream Caramel.

Kind regards,

tommy

7. orrganic

orrganic Budgeteer General Staff

I've had green poison fv have beautiful purple hues across the tops, but not full reliable purple.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L02 using Tapatalk

8. rc3600

rc3600 Welcome to the CannaZone

DD auto!!![​IMG]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

9. Kya Knight

Kya Knight Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN

Currently Smoking:
    Northern auto
    I just started my bloody skunk; I won't be able to get in on the action for a few months but I'll be lurking :shooty:

10. orrganic

orrganic Budgeteer General Staff

I've got some Cream Caramel one week into flower and hoping to have some trichs worth entering by the end of the month. I think a veg shot would disrupt the theme of entry pool a bit too much.

Great stuff so far.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L02 using Tapatalk