• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

Plant Manipulation: Supercropping

Mike20132

Lies can become truths, if we let them.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Wedding Cake, Colorado Cookies, Forum Stomper
So when is proper time for me to suppercrop befor flowering? Or can I do it during early flowering? Thanks for the info I am trying to learn as much as I possibly can
I did mine in early flower. Had to keep the main branch off the lights...

I figured the best spot was just above the budsite about 1/3 up from the bottom of the picture

20180415_203324.jpg

Here's the crop:

20180416_121042.jpg

That was about 3 weeks ago...

Here is what it looks like now:

20180507_193738.jpg

Attachments

Mike20132

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
A good question!! I like to start around day 30 when doing supercropping, especially low stress supercropping.
Cant wait to chop this one down... I estimate i'll get about 30% more on that branch just because of the results of the crop..

phunkyphenos413

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Slurricane ix , mac , mimosa , white chocolate ,pbb, slurricane ix, frosted apricots. Slurrup , titanimal , terple , purpletrex#8 x purplehulk , slurricane7 s1, big buffalo ,frost giant , platinumcandyxplatinumkishmints, project t, lung butter, runts, candy jar, full throttle,
So has anyone had the main cola stalk snap and then split up the sides when supercropping ? I went to see how flexible my stalk was and it snapped and split didnt snap off . I taped it and laid it down kinda like I see the pics on the here I had to steal a piece of my daughter's gold duct tape cause couldn't find mine
20180508_220638.jpg
20180508_220634.jpg
20180508_220634.jpg

Mike20132

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
So has anyone had the main cola stalk snap and then split up the sides when supercropping ? I went to see how flexible my stalk was and it snapped and split didnt snap off . I taped it and laid it down kinda like I see the pics on the here I had to steal a piece of my daughter's gold duct tape cause couldn't find mineView attachment 903739 View attachment 903738 View attachment 903738
Depends on how much damage was done to the outer walls, i gather. if it completely snapped, it's probably a lost cause. Worst case, you've topped it and might deal with a small setback in growth. Should pull through regardless.

Mike20132

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Depends on how much damage was done to the outer walls, i gather. if it completely snapped, it's probably a lost cause. Worst case, you've topped it and might deal with a small setback in growth. Should pull through regardless.
Also, leave it as it for a few days to see if the top part of the branch starts to recover. Don't touch the tape for awhile, either.

phunkyphenos413

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Slurricane ix , mac , mimosa , white chocolate ,pbb, slurricane ix, frosted apricots. Slurrup , titanimal , terple , purpletrex#8 x purplehulk , slurricane7 s1, big buffalo ,frost giant , platinumcandyxplatinumkishmints, project t, lung butter, runts, candy jar, full throttle,
Ok thanks alot will do. . Also dnt know if anyone has tried or heard of this. But those clear rolling papers a friend just told me to buy a pack keep them in my tent, if it happens again to get them soaked and wrap the broken part of stalk or stem with them.. he said they are made with plant glucose and will help it heal . Is there truth to this. I have seen the clear papers but never bought them. .

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
So has anyone had the main cola stalk snap and then split up the sides when supercropping ? I went to see how flexible my stalk was and it snapped and split didnt snap off . I taped it and laid it down kinda like I see the pics on the here I had to steal a piece of my daughter's gold duct tape cause couldn't find mineView attachment 903739 View attachment 903738 View attachment 903738
If it just split, then it will very likely recover just fine, after a week remove the tape

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Ok thanks alot will do. . Also dnt know if anyone has tried or heard of this. But those clear rolling papers a friend just told me to buy a pack keep them in my tent, if it happens again to get them soaked and wrap the broken part of stalk or stem with them.. he said they are made with plant glucose and will help it heal . Is there truth to this. I have seen the clear papers but never bought them. .
Interesting, never heard that before!!

Mike20132

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The clear papers are just cellulose glycerine and water. Literally transparent paper. (There are no shortage of heated debates as to their suitability for smoking, but that is not at issue here). I don't know how glycerine would impart any benefit to damaged plant tissue, but I am not a biologist. Whatever healing the plant does, it will be doing on it's own (as far as material contributions). Though shielding the wound from light and removing weight stress from the point of injury will probably help. And you're already doing that with the tape.

That is not to say that using a rolling paper (or some other inert material) to act as a barrier between the plant and the adhesive on the tape is a bad thing. In fact I'd argue that it is actually a pretty good idea, though not for the reasons your friend suggested. It would keep the glue of the tape (and who knows what that's made of) from contaminating the wound.

G.Leave

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
It would keep the glue of the tape (and who knows what that's made of) from contaminating the wound.
That is a very good point. Generally I use plant tape for repairs, but if i dont have any i instead use duct or electrical tape(preferred). I don't like getting sticky shit on the wounds(like you said who knows what various companies use for their tape), so i often wrap a small strip of cloth before applying pressure with the tape.