• Come join us as we welcome Horticulture Lighting Group to the Autoflower Network!

We have an official representative from HLG that will be active on the forum to answer your questions, several units that are coming for our official product testing (grow and show's,) and we'll be working together to provide better information on lighting in general!

Come say hello!
  • Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN

PlatinumLEDTom

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
platinumgrowlights.com
Currently Smoking
Strawberry Cough
What's up @Muddy. You would probably be okay if you had the p150 at least at 24" inches away from the plant canopy, but 18" would definitely be pushing it with the coverage are of 3' x 1.5'. I think the p300 or even our P4-xml2 would probably be your best options. Always start as high as possible and work your way down closer to the plants. You can also supplement your grow room with CO2, which would increase the capacity of the plant to absorb PAR photons. Our P4 could work well because it has three switches, you can run just the XML (BOOST) switch for seed and clone development. Just the VEG switch for early veg, VEG and XML for extra veg intensity.

Hope this helps! :pass:

Muddy

Proud deplorable!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
OG Kush, Deep Cheese, Key Lime
What's up @Muddy. You would probably be okay if you had the p150 at least at 24" inches away from the plant canopy, but 18" would definitely be pushing it with the coverage are of 3' x 1.5'. I think the p300 or even our P4-xml2 would probably be your best options. Always start as high as possible and work your way down closer to the plants. You can also supplement your grow room with CO2, which would increase the capacity of the plant to absorb PAR photons. Our P4 could work well because it has three switches, you can run just the XML (BOOST) switch for seed and clone development. Just the VEG switch for early veg, VEG and XML for extra veg intensity.

Hope this helps! :pass:
Thanks Tom. That's what I was afraid of, I just don't have enough head room to get good coverage with a P150. My veg room shares a common environment with my bloom room and I run CO2 in there, so the veg plants benefit as well. I basically leave the light as high as I can get it and let the plants grow into it. If I'm vegging to 24" I only have about 12" head room by the time they reach that height. A P4 is overkill for this setup and beyond my budget, but would work well in a separate area where I grow autos. But that's down the road. Again, thanks for you assistance.

menk

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using a dimmer or know if it will screw up the light? I’m running a p300 in a 2’x4’x5’ tent and I’m maxed out in lamp height. I’m around 18” now but if the plant gets much taller I’m afraid it may get bleached out/cooked. I’d rather dial back the intensity instead of reconfiguring my grow area if possible.

briman

autopot rocker
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using a dimmer or know if it will screw up the light? I’m running a p300 in a 2’x4’x5’ tent and I’m maxed out in lamp height. I’m around 18” now but if the plant gets much taller I’m afraid it may get bleached out/cooked. I’d rather dial back the intensity instead of reconfiguring my grow area if possible.
bend em over and tie them off man. I would not throw a dimmer on it, personally.:thumbsup:

PlatinumLEDTom

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
platinumgrowlights.com
Currently Smoking
Strawberry Cough
I agree with @briman. Tie those girls off. Unfortunately our lights will not work with a dimmer.

Jackson

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
@PlatinumLEDTom hope all is well. Do you think the P300 is large enough for 3 plants in 3 gallon buckets?

jackson

PlatinumLEDTom

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
platinumgrowlights.com
Currently Smoking
Strawberry Cough
2 plants is usually the most people put under a P300. It may get slightly crowed with three!

:pass: