• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Popping Old Marijuana Seeds with GA3

armanidog

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I found this video from 2014. He is trying to geminate 15 year old marijuana seeds. It helps if the seeds are stored in a cool dry place. GA3 is Gibberellic acid.

"Gibberellins have a number of effects on plant development. They can stimulate rapid stem and root growth, induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, and increase seed germination rates.[4]

Gibberellic acid is sometimes used in laboratory and greenhouse settings to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant.[3] It is also widely used in the grape-growing industry as a hormone to induce the production of larger bunches and bigger grapes, especially Thompson seedless grapes. In the Okanagan and Creston valleys, it is also used as a growth regulator in the cherry industry. It is used on Clementine Mandarin oranges, which may otherwise cross-pollinate with other citrus and produce undesirable seeds. Applied directly on the blossoms as a spray, it allows for Clementines to produce a full crop of seedless fruit.

GA is widely used in the barley malting industry. A GA solution is sprayed on the barley after the steeping process is completed. This stimulates growth in otherwise partly dormant kernels and produces a uniform and rapid growth."

Interesting stuff.

Amazon link:

GA3

The Bedroom Gardener UK

Dragon Abuser
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cannabis, in all its forms.
I found this video from 2014. He is trying to geminate 15 year old marijuana seeds. It helps if the seeds are stored in a cool dry place. GA3 is Gibberellic acid.

"Gibberellins have a number of effects on plant development. They can stimulate rapid stem and root growth, induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, and increase seed germination rates.[4]

Gibberellic acid is sometimes used in laboratory and greenhouse settings to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant.[3] It is also widely used in the grape-growing industry as a hormone to induce the production of larger bunches and bigger grapes, especially Thompson seedless grapes. In the Okanagan and Creston valleys, it is also used as a growth regulator in the cherry industry. It is used on Clementine Mandarin oranges, which may otherwise cross-pollinate with other citrus and produce undesirable seeds. Applied directly on the blossoms as a spray, it allows for Clementines to produce a full crop of seedless fruit.

GA is widely used in the barley malting industry. A GA solution is sprayed on the barley after the steeping process is completed. This stimulates growth in otherwise partly dormant kernels and produces a uniform and rapid growth."

Interesting stuff.

Amazon link:

GA3
Nice, I'll give that a watch later. I have a load of older seeds I'm having issues with germing.