pressing improperly dried flower in to rosin

• MOTM rules:
    - When submitting phase opens, you are authorized to upload up to a maximum number of medias (configured by the admin).
    - Once submitting phase ends, voting phase starts and you will be able to vote for your preferred media.
    - At the end of the voting phase, the winner will be awarded !

thechineseguy

Auto Warrior
Oct 21, 2018
Ontario, Canada
hey everyone,

i am getting pretty close to harvesting my first plant. i understand that improperly dried buds can leave a hay/grass smell which is undesirable to smoke so my question is if i happen to dry incorrectly, can i still press those flowers in to rosin? or will the rosin be left with the hay smell as well?

Mcdee

Auto Warrior
Gladiators
Dec 22, 2016
hey everyone,

i am getting pretty close to harvesting my first plant. i understand that improperly dried buds can leave a hay/grass smell which is undesirable to smoke so my question is if i happen to dry incorrectly, can i still press those flowers in to rosin? or will the rosin be left with the hay smell as well?
Yep, from my experience if you stuff stinks so will you rosin sorry. It will still get you high just wont taste good. I had some gg auto that had some old crispy leaf I couldn't get all of would give a little of that in the taste but wasnt bad. If it does smell dont know what you can do at that point.

Reactions: hairyman

thechineseguy

Auto Warrior
Oct 21, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Yep, from my experience if you stuff stinks so will you rosin sorry. It will still get you high just wont taste good. I had some gg auto that had some old crispy leaf I couldn't get all of would give a little of that in the taste but wasnt bad. If it does smell dont know what you can do at that point.
makes sense. i guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. i'd better not screw up the drying and curing process then.
thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Mcdee and hairyman

hairyman

in the wonderland zoo
Gladiators
Jan 25, 2015
There's a few threads on drying and curing you can look at , that first plant nerves can get too you but it's not rocket science keep it simple and you will be fine , I just trim mine hang it up for a day and then into Brown paper bags, week later into jars and burp occasionally that's if I ain't all ready smoked it all :smoking:

Mcdee

Auto Warrior
Gladiators
Dec 22, 2016
makes sense. i guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. i'd better not screw up the drying and curing process then.
thanks for the reply.
It's not has hard as you may think. Have a little air movement, humidity as close to 50% as can be. Keep an eye on see if it's slow enough, I shoot for around 7 days but bud will tell you when ready. I have a little humidifier and dehumidifier for incase I need to adjust it. I dry in my tent. Dont worry when you see your harvest dry, it's only gonna be like a 1/3 of what it looked like at chop. That's normal. The more you trim at harvest the faster it will dry so keep that in mind. I do a wet trim. I'm not great at the trimming so I find it easier when wet, I think it's harder when dry because everything shrinks together and can be hard to get to it also when its dry leaves crumbles more. Try both and see which you like better.

thechineseguy

Auto Warrior
Oct 21, 2018
Ontario, Canada
thanks so much everyone. im going to be hanging the plants in my basement bathroom that never gets used. i did a trial run in there with a humifidier and an oscillating fan and was able to get it to 50-52% RH. temperature is a steady 72F.