• OFFICIAL AFN MERCHANDISE

Sacra Via is the Exclusive Online Vendor for AFN

Sacra Via Logo
    Browse The Store

|| AFN Mugs || AFN Dab Mats || AFN T-Shirts || & Much More ||

Go Visit the Website Today to get your Official AFN Merchandise - Crafted with Love by our very own Rebel

Use Discount Code AFN10 for 10% discount off your total order!

Thanks Logo Thanks Logo Thanks Logo

• The Autoflower Conversational

Today's Topic:

1. Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Come give us your thoughts, we want to hear from you!
  • Test 1, Test 2 *tap tap tap*

AFN Live Chat Room
  • Win Bruce Banner
  • Prescription Blend Nutrients is offering a great 20% off discount code! This new nute company is showing well here, so swing by their section and see,... If you want to try their kit, the new disc. code is in the PB section...

[Pulse App Update] Epic Charts for Your Grow Room

okPeet

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
NL#5
Pictures first:
upload_2018-7-12_11-13-3.png

Hey everyone,

As you may have noticed, the charting of environmental data has had a major overhaul in the last few days. You can see up to 2 months of data now, and scrolling around is easier.

The zoom buttons are still a little buggy, so if the chart looks weird, try using the "navigator" at the bottom.

As always, I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas.

Best,
Pete

Smowkabowl

The Grateful Gardener
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Locally Grown OG Kush
@okPeet I have read a few of your threads trying to find out what VPD is and for the life of me I can't find any explanation. Maybe I haven't gone back far enough. Looks like the sweet spot between Temp and RH where respiration is optimal for growth.

okPeet

Auto Warrior
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
NL#5
@okPeet I have read a few of your threads trying to find out what VPD is and for the life of me I can't find any explanation. Maybe I haven't gone back far enough. Looks like the sweet spot between Temp and RH where respiration is optimal for growth.
Hey Smowkabowl,

VPD means vapor pressure deficit. It's how much "room" for more water vapor there is in the air. The higher the "deficit" the more water vapor air can fit until it is "saturated" (deficit is zero, air has as much water as it can hold).

As a general rule, higher the deficit, the more plants expirate (breathe out). The more vapor they breathe out, the faster the roots have to drink. You don't want it to be too high, or else you stress the plant. You don't want it to be too low, or else the plant isn't drinking enough water & nutrients.

Smowkabowl

The Grateful Gardener
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Locally Grown OG Kush
Hey Smowkabowl,

VPD means vapor pressure deficit. It's how much "room" for more water vapor there is in the air. The higher the "deficit" the more water vapor air can fit until it is "saturated" (deficit is zero, air has as much water as it can hold).

As a general rule, higher the deficit, the more plants expirate (breathe out). The more vapor they breathe out, the faster the roots have to drink. You don't want it to be too high, or else you stress the plant. You don't want it to be too low, or else the plant isn't drinking enough water & nutrients.
Yeahhhh, like I said, sweet spot. Cool, I will be reading more about this as my skills progress.