• Well, we're still working on things and I imagine we'll see some bugs, some breaking, and things that need to get fixed. We'll start on the most critical things first and work our way down. We're still installing add-on's and squaring away some licensing stuff, but feel free to browse the board and we'll update everyone on when things are added, restored, or otherwise changed.
Cannabis Seeds

Rebel

Home School Valedictorian
Staff member
Global Moderator (SA)
May 26, 2011
Currently Smoking
Oil
Good evening AFN! Welcome to my Kind Led K5 XL1000 Test Grow Thread! I have recently been told by @Son of Hobbes that I have been given the most expensive led to test on site EVER. I am very aware of how important this test is for me to represent what we do here to the best of my ability. I feel that I am capable and will do AFN justice as well as give this light some proper test grow(s). I say this in the plural sense because I/we feel that because this light is if not the most expensive, or close to the most expensive, led you can buy out there, that simply one or two test grows will not do. My goal is to provide FAIR, UN BIASED, grow(s) and final review.

Here's the link from their site... https://www.kindledgrowlights.com/collections/k5-series/products/k5-xl1000

My plans are to run this light in AUTO Mode the first grow. The second grow I will dial it into the settings they recommend for each of the 3 Spectra Bands for the different stages of growth. Seedlings, Veg, Flower, and Late Flower. I will elaborate when we get to that point. For now here's the un-boxing pictures.

I was going to do a video then for my own safety (as you will see my privacy has already been violated, IMO) I decided on pictures. First set will be how the box arrived, the label, opening, and contents other than the led. Second set in a separate post will be of the led itself coming out of the box.

[HASHTAG]#autoflower.net[/HASHTAG]

This is the condition of the box as it arrived from FedEx
KIND BOX 1.JPG

KIND BOX 2.JPG

KIND BOX 3.JPG

As I mentioned above... I did NOT appreciate AFN being under my name and above my address as if I own this site. Or that AFN exists at my home... It was also placed on the little square stickers they place on the box as well. This was a violation of my privacy IMO. Whether I live in a legal state or not, which I don't, I wasn't happy with this at all.

And inside the box we go...
KIND BOX OPEN 1.JPG

KIND BOX OPEN 2.JPG

KIND HANGERS.JPG

KIND INSTRUCTIONS.JPG

KIND POWER SUPPLY AND REMOTE.JPG

KIND REMOTE.JPG

Despite FedEx knocking it around it was packaged very well! Now coming up the LED itself...

Last edited:

Rebel

Staff member
Global Moderator (SA)
May 26, 2011
Currently Smoking
Oil
Step by step taking it out of the box and pics of the entire panel all around...

KIND LED 1.JPG

KIND LED 2.JPG

KIND LABEL.JPG

KIND LED 3.JPG

KIND LED 4.JPG

KIND LED 5.JPG

KIND LED 7.JPG

KIND LED 6.JPG

KIND LED 8.JPG

KIND LED 9.JPG

KIND LED 10.JPG

I have 3 x Sister Discipline Auto, my own cross, under it as of right now... Planted last night. I have 3 x Delicious Seeds Critical Neville's Haze going in tomorrow. And some other surprises along the way...
:pass:

briman

autopot rocker
Staff member
Global Moderator (SA)
Dec 20, 2012
Oh snap! First in the door for this grow! Brother rebel, you now I am in for the long haul! Cant wait to see what this panel will do!:thumbsup::pass:Blow this thread up man! Got the remote to boot! What a panel!:headbang:

Rebel

Staff member
Global Moderator (SA)
May 26, 2011
Currently Smoking
Oil
Oh snap! First in the door for this grow! Brother rebel, you now I am in for the long haul! Cant wait to see what this panel will do!:thumbsup::pass:Blow this thread up man! Got the remote to boot! What a panel!:headbang:
Rock on brother Briman of the Beerfridge!!! :cheers: Thanks for all the help and support man!! :pass:

That is a wicked looking light. This will be great Rebel. That is a first for me to see an instruction manual
Hey FN!! Thanks again for supporting this test grow as well as my last! I will take pics of the entire manual here in a few...

:thumbsup:

Rebel

Staff member
Global Moderator (SA)
May 26, 2011
Currently Smoking
Oil
Nice!! Can't wait to see it doing what it does :drool:
Can't wait to see what your K3 L600 does!!

OK so SLIGHT change of plans... I was messing with the auto mode and one thing that is wacky is if you hit the auto mode while in auto mode it goes out of it and into manual and it won't go back into auto mode until it completes its 18/6 cycle... SO I went ahead and dialed the 3 Spectra bands to seedling settings...

A/B/C Red/Blue/White

I have it on 15/30/30

This is percentage out of 100% Intensity. I'm going to go by their recommended schedule for this run. That will give me time to research other schedules and such. Here's some shots of the manual's section on tuning...

WP_20160930_002.jpg
WP_20160930_003.jpg
WP_20160930_004.jpg
WP_20160930_006.jpg
WP_20160930_008.jpg