• Do you LOVE AFN?? bighug We do too!! But we need your help to keep the servers running!

If you feel like AFN has been useful in your journey and would like to help us pay some of the bills, we have a gofundme page setup for donations.
    Any amount that you can spare will be gratefully received

Click [HERE] to donate to AFN
  • Hey everyone, HLG is generously offering 3 pairs of Method Seven glasses (amazing eye protection for your grow) in a holiday giveaway!

Click Here to Enter and Play!
  • G'Day folks! It's voting time for the 2021 Outdoor Auto-Photo Comp', so please swing by to oggle them womens and pick your favorites!.... *Located at the Live Vendor G&S section*

Return of the Mush Room

Randar

Experienced Grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blackberry Gum, White Widow, OG Candy Dawg Kush, Northern Lights
Question for you all. I have a really hard time taking shrooms. I have yet to find a way that doesn't make me gag and almost retch. Especially when taking larger (3.5g+) doses. Any thoughts? I've heard of blending them up in a smoothie, which I may try next time. Really anything to not experience that texture and that taste. :ill:

terp182

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I'll just interject that I started microdosing .1 g philosopher stones/truffles in November. I can "feel" the dose in that I feel a little extra energy and resistance to irritating things, but that's it. No other perceptual distortions at all. It's had a very positive impact on my life, specifically my work life. I'm taking it 5x a week in the morning.

It occurs to me that taking massive doses to go through "trips" may be less beneficial than taking a little at a time, for me anyways. I know in the US, at least with cannabis culture from the 90's on, we typically take the "more is better" tack with our drugs, but I really think there's something to microdosing to promote brain health and plasticity and to divert from "default network" patterns of thinking.

Certainly compared to Lexapro, which I was on for 3 years, microdosing seems to be much more effective at boosting mood, has no side effects unlike SSRIs, and it's not a problem to not take daily. I'm fairly confident we'll see research backing these notions up soon enough.

terp182

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Question for you all. I have a really hard time taking shrooms. I have yet to find a way that doesn't make me gag and almost retch. Especially when taking larger (3.5g+) doses. Any thoughts? I've heard of blending them up in a smoothie, which I may try next time. Really anything to not experience that texture and that taste. :ill:
When I was younger, I had great success making shroom tea with koolaid. Keeps all the solids out and works just as well since it's water soluble.

Jraven

from Southeast Alaska
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Harvest season variety
I've made gel capsules, that seems to bypass most of that. I haven't done larger doses this way but it should work. An 00 cap is about 1/3 gram.

JohnEMad

semi-mad grower.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
you could make mushroom tea or grind the shrooms up and place in gel caps.?